Sign in to follow this  
Alienwhere

Expert sound issues, not using onboard? WIERD

il try it when I move the opty back to the expert, right now im having no issued with the EVGa nf4 sli mobo..

Maybe an expert issue with the irqs maybe, hen i go back to expert ima put it in another slot and reformat as stated before by someone in another post here about the X-FI

I am chasing a problem with eVGA cards and PCI peripherals with my Ultra-D motherboard.

Can you tell me if your board is setting up the video and sound card on the same IRQ at the system level?

Also can you tell me what board and revision you have?

On my Ultra-D my eVGA 7800GT and PCI components end up on the same IRQ chain. Which once in windows does not work out well at all. Sometimes it will even throw the onboard Ethernet on the same chain which makes everything even worst.

There might be a problem with some boards and IRQ assignements (not 100% sure yet) hoping to get enough data to establish that.

Well on another thread, I caught on to something RGONE said, I checked all my Irq's and none of mine were shared, so he said something about moving my card to another pci slot and then reformatting, I did that and SO FAR its working fine (knocks on wood)

So give that a try if you want and report back here...

heres a linky to his findings

Rgone is Da man!!

I've got a 2zs sound card in my rig and have no prolems with them. Onboard is disabled in Bios (Karajan)/ and the drivers for the 2zs are the latest version from creatives website/ so you got me stuffed.

laxman any chance you use Nod32 for AV?

That also causes it I hear...

HOLY CRAP.. That's exactly what I'm using...

I'm going to try this now...