What Is The Best Procedur For Ocing A Radeon 9700

Fe1250

Thank you finnally some one who seems to know what they are talking about :P

I wouldnt say that. Obviously he doesnt use them cause if he did he would know that the omega drivers have a built in clock rate changer that can boot to defaults and to set oc's. I use them myself and have never had a problem, works really good for ocing in my opinion.

fanatic, study the subject of which your speaking so you dont make a mistake like that.

no, if anything increasing the memory speed will make it more unstable. In general the ram on these video cards is more sensitive to overclocking, so you cant push it as far. But what you can do, is up the agp voltage in the bios to make it more stable. But then again uping the vcore would increase the heat, thus making it more unstable(unless you have a better cooling solution). So in a way its kind of a double edged sword. Just push it as far as itll go and back off when you have problems is the general rule :)

Well i increased the memory speed and it became stable lol so i dont know im confused. The problem was that when i increased the voltage it would just freeze so im not gonna do that but it seems stable and not to hot. Im not gonna mess with a good thing.

ive used the omegas didnt care for um . why would i need to boot at stock speeds then go into oc speeds ?? . also i personally wouldnt suggest omega drivers to someone who is new at overclocking there card. of the 5 or 6 post noone really answered his qeustion all that was said was get omega drivers with no other info to help the thread starter out on overclocking his card