Need a better cooler than XP90!!

WakeUpDead

I have an XP90 with a 92mm tornado and it worked real well on my 3700 sandy. I now have a FX 55 and its just about at its limits and I would like to upgrade to a better Air cooler. Is the XP120 that much better than XP90?

I have looked at alot of the models out there but cant tell what will really give me better cooling. Yes H20 would be the #1 thing that would help me, but Im saving up for it and may get one this summer. I need something to get me thru the next 3+4 months and then I will have the funds for water cooling.

I asked at the AMD forum and got some iffy advice. Pro 64 and Stock cooling were there sugestions! I would think that my XP90 is better than those, but I could be wrong. I should have just asked here at DFI to begin with. Thank you very much!

Honesly any new cooler isn't really going to gain you much. You'll probably be further ahead to try and improve airflow in your case (if you can) otherwise step up to watercooling. You could try to get a massive fan that is obnoxiously loud and throw it on an XP-120, but I really doubt you would see more than 2C improvement.

They do make the XP-90 (XP-90C) in all copper.

Yah, I have been looking at it but I cant seem to buy it, being $50-$60 for the same thing but in copper. I just dont know how much decrease in temp I will get.

Case is NZXT Nemisis El 3x120mm + I added 2x120mm one on the top and one behind HHD's. My case temps are great 23c-26c and air flow is real good too.

It's the CPU that stays at 41c-50c and I just would like it to be closer to 36c-44c I have lapped my XP90 to a mirror shine and used AS5 on it but still not getting the results I would like. H2O will be the way to go, I just have to wait 3-4 months! I just need something that will get me thru to summer.

Honesly any new cooler isn't really going to gain you much.

Yep what i figured, Im just going to have to wait it out. Do you think its better to build your own water system or are the full kits better. Ive priced out both ways and the kits can be cheaper, but you also are stuck with the parts they give you. Not all kits have the best of everything and Im not sure that would be the way to go. Building your own though you get what you want but you have to match eveything up and Im afraid I will have problems doing that. I'll post a new tread once its time to buy my kit and that way I'll know I have the right parts for it. Thanks for all your advice, once again you all have been more than helpfull!

Guest sealion

Stock cooling is more than enough unless you plan to be putting high voltage through your cpu.