Sign in to follow this  
Monty312

High vcore low vdimm?

I've read that high vdimm and low vcore can kill a processor, is this the same in reverse? Can high vcore and low vdimm kill a processor. (ex 1.55volts cpu and 2.6 volts ram)

I just ordered water and I dont want to kill my processor.e

High temps can kill nearly any component in a computer. The CPU is the part that dies most to overclocking, because poor cooling, and/or too much voltage. My advice is watch your temps, overclock (like everyone always should) in small steps, and keep the voltage under 1.6V. Don't jump in large steps when increasing voltage - always find the max stable speed at stock voltage before bumping up.

A High memory voltage vDIMM and a low core voltage won't fry your CPU, I don't know where you heard that at.

That isn't what he asked sthavorn. You're thinking of high VDIMM and low VCORE in which the memory controller is fried. He's talking about the opposite situation in which you have a low (stock) VDIMM with an overclocked CPU using a higher VCORE.

No, there are no problems with this. Just make sure you keep your CPU cool and you should be set. My opty runs at 1.59v fine along with TCC5 modules at 2.8v, highest load in a relatively comfortable room I've seen with case on is 44C, though I'm got some high end air cooling for that.