Trouble with USB Wake-On-Mouse

I am trying to get the Wake-On-USB mouse working. This is from a Power OFF State. I have also tried PS2 mouse and keyboard.

I did the following;

Power off PC and unplugged power cord

Set jp5, jp6 and jp7 to 2,3

Plugged USB mouse in rear USB port (I tried several ports)

Powered on PC

Enabled Bios;

USB Mouse Support, Enabled

Power on by Mouse, Mouse click

Booted

Shut down and powered off

Tried to power on by mouse double click

Nothing!

My PSU is

Sun Beam Tech Nuuo 550w and supports 5vsb 2.5A

I have all four power connectors on my board hooked up to the PSU.

I tried these mice;

2 different - MicroSoft Intelli optical wheel mouse USB and PS/2 Compatible, 5v 100mA, P/N: X08-71118 and P/N: X08-18741 and Dell USB, Model M-UVDEL1, 8v 5v 100mA.

Do I need another type of USB mouse or is my PSU power not compatible? I was really counting on this feature from this Motherboard and DFI. Did I miss some setting or something? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

I believe it only works with PS2 and not usb, ya DFI says they support it but they say that alot there's a few other things that don't work either that people would like to use.

I have my keyboard and mouse (PS2) set to wake and they work fine, but I know USB doesn't work as I have tryed it many times myself with no luck. I think you have to disable USB mouse/keyboard for the PS2 wake to work, but not real sure about that. If it helps any I keep the JP6 jumper at 1-2 since I don't need them powered up all the time.

Good Luck

Wow!

I’m bummed and mad. Why would DFI say this board supports Wake-On-USB mouse if it does not? Maybe it’s all about dollars. What ever, I guess it’s good to know something other than just some Sleep setting in the OS.

What type of PS2 mouse are you using?

I have used a Logitech 510 and now have a Microsoft wireless laser 6000, neither would work for wake on USB mouse. But then again its not a mouse problem its just another DFI problem....but hey they overclock really good though

Don't think that will help since when the power is off completely there is no power to the USB ports, not with this mobo anyways. the 5VSB is mainly for S1-S3 standby....I could be wrong though. All I know is when the power is off with mine the USB ports are out, but in standby they work fine for waking up the system.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Timmay

I had the Keyboard power on setup on my old expert. Ctrl + F1 or something. Worked pritty good... Although that was a PS2 K/B

• 6 months later...

when i plug my media elite keyboard into usb i get nothing

when i plug it into the adapter and into ps2, the function led is lit up even when the computer is turned off, and it resumes upon pressing ctrl-f5.

i'd say it's a DFI problem.

i have read the fm about jp5, jp6 and jp7.

oh, and about the microsoft updates: guys, i'm really sorry, but you are clueless. gentoo linux here :P

and it should also work without a disk drive.

Im annoyed by this as well, my PC is in a loft cupboard, and Id want to wake the pc from my keyboard instead of having to open cupboard and stretch to reach in to turn pc on, iv got around this by taking an ATX switch out of another pc, soldering together 4 lenths of wire and placing the switch next to my keyboard held down with a peice of bluetack, technical ! lol