Sign in to follow this  
Xak

nForce4 drivers - What Stable Version?

After upgrading from v6.65 nForce4 platform drivers on WinXP x64 to latest official 6.69, I received IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Rebooted, and a few minutes later, received another BSOD, this time MEMORY_MANAGEMENT.

I then ran stress testing of my hardware to ensure my overclock is still stable, which it is (14 hours Memtest, 10 hours Prime blend). I then uninstalled the drivers and installed the latest beta nForce4 drivers v8.12. These appear stable for the past few days, but I received another BSOD this morning, this time PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, with reference to USBPORT.SYS

So, it appears that I have some serious driver issues. This OS install is quite old (almost a year), and I need to go back to XP 32-bit anyway to use some necessary hardware, so I will be FNR'ing in the next few days. My question is, what platform driver is the latest stable? From what I can tell, 8.12 is the latest x64 beta, and 6.69 is the latest official x64 release. Has anyone else experienced any stability problems with any particular versions, x64 or x86? What versions are people running?

Please share your experience!

P.S. Drivers were installed with IDE drivers, without net access manager/firewall.

Hello,

Try it without IDE drivers too.

All should be ok from 6.66+

Guess I left it out of my post, but I had tried uninstalling the IDE drivers from device manager after I had upgraded and ran into problems. The blue screens persisted without the IDE drivers, until I installed 8.12 beta. I chose not to install the IDE drivers during that install. But still, I have received 1 BSOD since, but seems to have been stable all day...

If it were a bad IDE driver/incompatibility, do you think the driver could be residual, from installing them then removing from device manager? I wouldn't think so unless they were re-detected as devices (which they aren't), but ya never know with Windows drivers. Like I said, this install is close to a year old.

Oh well, I'll figure it out or reinstall when my army of new HD's arrive later in the week :nod: