Sign in to follow this  
DeFJaE

Final OC X2 3800 @ 2.6

Well got the DFI expert back in. The volt hog that it is. Did give me a chance to take the chipset fan apart and replace tim with Artic silver. Currently priming 2.75 @ 1.45v. Memory at 250. That was 1.38vs on the Asus :confused:

It seems everyone here is in good order Vdimm wise, but have just been reading this thread http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=79509

Interesting perspective on using default volts.

RLM

Yes. There is a conversion chart that shows what your minimum vcore must be with a high vdimm such that you don't burn out the mem controller. Looking at the vdimms on this thread, we haven't yet gone so high that we have to worry. It's the difference between vdimm-vcore that is the killer. vdimm/2 - 0.325v = min safe vcore

ok it's only prime blend stable for 2 hours at 280 and 2.85v. i've backed off to 180 divider so now it's priming at 254 and 2.5v. i've also changed the timings to 3-4-4-12 as there's no loss in bandwidth in memtest and very minimal loss in super pi. sadly it didn't help stability enough for me to run at 280. gonna try again with 2.9v but worried that the ram is getting too hot.

Sorry for being MIA for the last couple of days. Been doing alot of thinkering, I decided to do a fresh install with out the AMD X2 patch and MS Fix. The results well, did notice a small increase in sandra and 3Dmark. Not sure if this is because it a fresh install or because I did not install the driver and fix. I will do some further reading see what's out there. For the mean time, I am getting closer to 3.0. I just ordered some OCZ 4000, this ram should give me enough head room.

ok it's only prime blend stable for 2 hours at 280 and 2.85v. i've backed off to 180 divider so now it's priming at 254 and 2.5v. i've also changed the timings to 3-4-4-12 as there's no loss in bandwidth in memtest and very minimal loss in super pi. sadly it didn't help stability enough for me to run at 280. gonna try again with 2.9v but worried that the ram is getting too hot.

I usually use large FFT, prime95 blend dont really stress your system out that much. Try running 2x prime95 large FFT, see how long you can run that. Also what are your temps at load? Also try setting your vcore to 1.40 with special 104% This should bring your vcore up, but not over 1.50. See if that works. Cheers...

why do i need my vcore up? blend is for ram primarily no? i've already done small ffts for cpu.

btw, prime blend is still going with ram at 254 and 2.5v. it's been, what, about 10 hours now?

why do i need my vcore up? blend is for ram primarily no? i've already done small ffts for cpu.

btw, prime blend is still going with ram at 254 and 2.5v. it's been, what, about 10 hours now?

IMO blend doesn't really stresses your CPU, small FFT is the same. When I am doing stability test x2 prime95 Large FFT is the way to go. Also reason why I said to increase your vcore is mainly for stability. 280 x10 you need about 1.41 and above depending on your chip. As long as you stay under 1.50 with adequate cooling you shouldn't have any problem.

10hrs, are you running x2 prime95 with Large FFT? For ram testing I would use Superpi or Memtest test #5 run it for about 40 pass if no error then I would say your ram is fine.

ok if you'd been following all my posts you'd know that i'm 100% stable at 2.8 with 1.38v. i just got this new ram and i'm finding it's potential. i don't have any stability problems with my cpu so i'm not sure why large ffts or more vcore would help my mem testing stability... i find that prime blend is a good indicator of mem stability more so then memtest. large fft is good for over-all stability but i prefer to test individually as i don't oc my cpu and ram at the same time.

here's my latest and probably final ss:

28super3ca.jpg