Final OC X2 3800 @ 2.6

DeFJaE

ur load temps should be better with water cooling?.. what watercooling setup u have?..

actually it might be because of the IHS problems people have been having, i guess thats why my temp so high with mine.. need to take it off but problems fitting the heatsink then

I can prolly get it down a lil bit more, but more room tend to get a lil warm. My setup consist of dangerden waterblock, eheim, swifttech rad and 3/8 tubings. I'm planning on switching my rad from the back to the front. By making it as a intake, I'm pulling colder air instead of it being an exhaust.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DeFJaE,

Is that actual temp readings on your expert board? I'm basically adding 10c onto what ever mbm5 says.

RLM

Yes this is the readings from MBM5 and Bios. There's a big discussion regarding temps with the DFI Experts. I know there's a poll that was created as well, I'm just curious why this issue hasn't been resolve by the DFI staff since it has been address countless of times.

No way will that chip be stable @ 2.6ghz with stock v.core

My entry in the OC database: X2 3800+ @ 260 x10. Getting 2.6 on stock vcore is not only feasible, it's been done. Your OC attempt defjae is exactly what I too am trying to do: max OC on stock voltages. The CPU is good for more with stock vcore, but you will definitely have to twiddle with your RAM as it seems to be your limiting factor at the moment. As AG says, MHz is king so do whatever it takes to get that CPU up and lower the divider.

Let's compare notes after you have stress tested your higher OC. I'd love to see what you've done since you'll probably get farther than me with your watercooled setup vs. my stock HSF.

I couldn't get my x2 3800 @ 2.6 to be stable with anything less than 1.58 vcore

I run 28c idle and 38c full load with a thermalright xp 90. I have been running this vcore for 5 months. Before Thermalright i used HSF @ 2.6 and idle 48 c and full load 58c, did that for 2 months :rolleyes: . I just got matched corsair LLpro xms 3500 2 GB kit im running 1T-2-3-2-6-10 @ 2.9 v 5/6 divider, I was running the same with my old corsair LLpro xms 3200 1 Gb@ 3.2 v. I haven't had much time to test limits of new mem but I am able to get 2.75 Ghz but its not stable yet. Also tried 2.8 would boot with HDD errors or missing XP components. Just have to find my mems sweet spot. Im running a new Lan li aluminum case wirth 2 120mm Scythe ultra quiet fans 1 on side and one on blowhole and 2 80 mm fans on the SATA's, Also have a jing ting Northbridge cooler on the nf4.

You guys are lucky...or there must be a reading problem because a 600mhz clock increase in a dual core cpu without ANY increase in the Vcore.....never heard of it....I'm having trouble putting mine at 2.6.....it boots into windows but as soon as I prime it, it crashes....2 seconds to creash it takes....I tried increasing my voltage all the way to 1,55v and still crashes....so I gave up....don't wanna increase the voce to 1.6v....unless there's a magic combination of CPUVID and special control that the cpu likes.... and I don't know about....

this really sucks....

So....nobody can help to get this B**** at 2.6ghz ?

:-(

Try raising the vcore to 1.5 special vid to 110%, thats should get it stable, if that doesnt do it raise the vcore to 1.55 and keep at 110%. dont be scared i've run 1.72 vcore these chips are tough.

Also what is your HT @ ? mines is 4xHT to get it to run at 2.75 (not stable)i have it at 3x HT.

Currently i am running at 2.66 GHz 1.58 vcore, 4xHT, 5/6 1T-2-3-2-5-13 3v

I think the fabrication of each chip is a factor on the overclockablity of the chip.

For instance i can run at 2.7 Ghz , though in 3dmark06 cpu tests 1 and 2; one will freeze or crash 3d mark 06 (not xp)

Contrary you have guys getting 2.9 on air and running 2.8 on default vcore. :shake:

Right now is set to auto. I tought at first this could be the bottleneck, but among my many attemps to reach 2.6 I set it manually to 3x and it didn't make a difference at all...

But thanks for the info on the voltages...I'll give that a try...

i'm at 280x10 on stock vcore and a big typhoon. htt multi is at 3x. load temps are 40c. hmm i feel like i'm repeating myself from earlier in this thread.

oceanborn, where in canada are you located?

Im making some progress with my own OC Ive got the corsair xms llpro 3500 running at 245 mhz 1T 2.5-3-6-3-7-18-2-3-2--2-Auto-1 9/10, 3v. Cpu is at 2.7 Ghz vcore 1.62 idle 29c. Though in sandra mem bandwith is 6797/6720/ cpu /24311/11243. In 3dmark06 on cpu test , it fails either on first or second test, doesnt crash xp just 3dmark. I have tried upping the vcore but im not crazy about getting close to 1.8 , i dont see how you guys run stock, my chip wont boot at 2.6 with anything else than 1.58 vcore, now i feel im repeating myself.

Stock vcore @ 260 x10 :

database6tg.jpg

Nothing against increasing vcore. I just want to avoid it at this point since my upgrade curve is less steep than the hardcore enthusiasts here. Since increased voltage is the greatest CPU killer and I can't afford to keep up with the Joneses, I need to preserve as much as possible. Degradation due to increased frequency however is acceptable to me.