42 PWM IC too hot?

i remembered someone posted before about how if you have over 40C PWMIC then its too hot? my PWN IC is around 42 and my chipset is about 39 and also my CPU fan is only 700 RPM after playing a game for an hour and the temp is only 36...are the sensors wrong or something or is this just how it is? btw my cool n quiet is disabled

42 is definately not too hot. I recall seeing how the PWM can handle up to 70 without problems. Obviously you want it as cool as possible.

So in my opinion you don't have a problem. ;)

The CPU-temp looks ok. Depends on if you are OCing, what voltage you have etc. For a stock speed it looks good.

i remembered someone posted before about how if you have over 40C PWMIC then its too hot? my PWN IC is around 42 and my chipset is about 39 and also my CPU fan is only 700 RPM after playing a game for an hour and the temp is only 36...are the sensors wrong or something or is this just how it is? btw my cool n quiet is disabled

Your PWM temp is just fine, you probably have pretty good airflow to get temps like that actually, same goes for your chipset.

Your CPU fan probably doesn't spin any faster because there is a setting in the bios that prevents it from doing so. It'll speed up if your cpu begins to get too warm. You can change this setting if you prefer having it faster more of the time.

All your temps look good. Depends on your ambient of course...but judging from your loc I'm guessing ambient is about 18-20C (unless you have a window open, heh). So, its all good.

I don't miss that Jersey weather except when I oc in the summer!

42C is fine, as long as you don't go past 65C you'll be fine. If you want to lower the temps better get a big HSF like the Big Typhoon, SI-120/XP-120 as this will help on cooling your PWMIC as well.

110 are u serious????

Yes, he is.

Listen, if the temp is within spec, great. It's not like you are going to get much more awesome performance if the temps are 40 instead of 60. Both are within spec.