Pics of my Rigs (12 Year update on page 6)

"Honey, I am the man in this household. I will do as I please!"

The next Day.

"So, guys, I'm posting here, you know, from the local cyber cafe. I got my computers with me. Uh, anyone have a garage I can stay in for a while? I'll mod some of your cases for you."

:shake:

don't be rollen up to my house with all that $h*t!!. JK :shake: By the way, I hear roses work very well? :nod:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, fell asleep around 6 or 7 last night woke up at 9, went back to sleep around midnight and my son woke me up for a diaper change around 4 , stayed up till little after 6 and went back to bed, got up at 8 again. My sleeping schedule is totally screwed up lately. My wife laughed her butt off, when I showed her this thread, she's way cool, and my only friend so she better have a good sense of humor.

The thought police are everywhere.

huh?

I don't think anybody will buy these crappy machines (they are all functioning)

I am thinking of selling my main rig, I spent almost a grand on it. Then flip the money and build 2 cheapies and sell them right away, keep flipping them asap, until I can make more money and sell a bunch of PCs :D

Ok so here's part 2, more pics:

DSCF1372.jpg

Got rid of 18" of extra hoses that I never bothered to cut shorter. I was also able to get rid of a cable, since my lights died. I still have a little 5 led light, but it sucks.

DSCF1400.jpg

See the blue LEDs on my rear fan, they are too bright, they overpower the UV LEDs. The UV reactive things barely glow. Screw the UV LEDs, I'll never buy those again, cold cathode is way better.

DSCF1388.jpg

Looks a million times better, all the wires got twisted tight, and tucked hidden between the drive cage and the right side panel. I even "braided" the frontpanel connectors.

the "finished"product

DSCF1394.jpg

I reapplied the thermal paste, this time I spread it, since I noticed some spots on my waterblock.

DSCF1278.jpg

see the white (light) spots, I can actually feel those with my fingernail, They are not pits, they actually stick out. I never noticed that, I wonder what could cause it to raise up like that, maybe a chemical reaction with the cleaner I used. Anyways, CPU temps are the same when idling but almost 5C lower under load. Case temps down maybe 3-5C and Chipset temp is down 2C. I also switched the smart.ini for smartguardian, so maybe that explains the temp change.

I didn't think load temp would be so different if idle temps is the same, that's why I think it might be reading a bit off. I got the modified smart.ini from Here

then customized it for me, but I didn't change any of the settings. I dunno.

Anyways, now I gotta go clean this

Idontknowwhathappened.jpg