Pics of my Rigs (12 Year update on page 6)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have fine enough sand paper, and no lapping experience, I polished the hell out of it with a polishing cloth. I can understand pitting a heatsink, but I got no clue how it formed those bumps. Smartguardian barely sees a difference between idle and load temps, maybe 2-3C, even with the original smart.ini. I know my WC setup isn't that good, I don' think. I did cut off about 18 inches of extra tubing, so maybe it did make a big difference.

(SSssh! im at work now.) ;)

That's funny, actually I just ran a different burn in proggie and it seemed to solve the problem, the other app just wasn't taxing my CPU enough. It seem that my load temps went up 1-2C actually. Definately need a new WC setup 1/2"ID this time, and an external radiator.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Thunda, like the new avatars you and ExRoadie got. Actually, I really like the mesh I got out of the window of that microwave. It's really thin and flexible, but it took about 1/2 an hour to get it out, since it's wedged betweeen 2 pices of plasic, and one side is actually glued to the window. Once I had the door off it came apart pretty easy. Good suggestion though. I used an old speaker grill from my car, for the CPU Cooler, the holes were less restrictive on it.

Got some new pics, few improvements

DSCF1734.jpg

DSCF1802.jpg

DSCF1743.jpg

DSCF1723.jpg

DSCF1736.jpg

This is only a temporary fan grill, as it doesn't cover the entire cut, also I hade to cut it custom for another case.

DSCF1749.jpg

DSCF1703.jpg

the wife's machine, due to get a major hardware upgrade this week.