Sign in to follow this  
Kakarot

DFI expert overclocking, fx-60

It's a bit confusing but READ THE GUIDE!! 20 times if you have to!!!

Read the rules, that pic was far too large.

The idea is to keep your Ht around 2000 or less. sooo..

240fsb X 5xht x2= 2400 Not Good

See how that done?

i Have 202fsb X 5ht x2= 2020 workable a bit higher but it will run benches

you are running 240fsb X 3x HT x2= 1440 thats low but thats not a bad thing. You could go to 4x but changing that does not increase your benches or your speed. Ht's do not improve your speed. Only Multis. FSB. ram can do that.

It really is a trial and error process and most every setup runs differently. But there are basic guidlines that you should adhere to.

You should definately read the Overclocking guide in these forums.

Edit: BTW the stock multi on the FX 60 is 13 and FSB is 200 yes i had to edit cause i forgot the 2x. I do that all the time.

what is the x2 in this? 240fsb X 5xht x2

so I want to make a combo that is close to 2000 right? thx

one of many reasons it's locking i believe that you are leaving timmings on your memory the same as if you were at 200mhz and this is not likely to work as you go higher on your fsb you must loose timmings a bit but unless you want to fry your "beast" READ THE OC GUIDE HERE >>>>>> http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28049

GOOD LUCK

all that is just overwhelming, lol.

I will print it when I am at work but alot of it is way out of my league. thx

Yea, I just got into windows at 13 x 229

but it locks on benchmarking :/

thx

Its easier on everything else to keep the FSB down and raise the Multi. Thats why i said try a 14x with a lower FSB. It's easier on a beginner to start small. Then learn up.

The 2x is how you figure you HTT or memory controler speed which is built into the 939 processor. The HTT for a 939 socketcpu is 2000. So if you have a FSB of 200 and a 5x HT you multiply that by 2 because you have dual channel = 2000

Someone correct me if im wrong pls.

well 12 x240 is pretty stable (benchmarks) etc

but thats only 2.88

any higher and I hard lock

3d marks and aqua mark

thx for all your input. I know how it is helping noobs!

I think you mean 13 or 12 x 240. umm 12x is it. 12x240=2880 lol no way are you running at 3360 , gg not bad for a beginner. How are your temps?

Heres a link to the A64 tweaker. you just tye in your fsb and multi the put in the ram divider then you know what you're running at even before you actually do the configuration.

AMD 64 teaker

I found after I tried everything that my FX-60 likes the 13 multiplier as good as anything. It is rock solid at default voltage at 13x220 and lets me run my Corsair XMS PC3500 at 2-3-2-6. If I want to do some high benches I can throw in some Patriot PC4800 and it has no problem booting at 10x315 at all but the top of the stability for prime on air is 3.03 but requires 1.525 volts for that so I stick with the 13x220 @ default for 24/7 use.

I think you mean 13 or 12 x 240. umm 12x is it. 12x240=2880 lol no way are you running at 3360 , gg not bad for a beginner. How are your temps?

Heres a link to the A64 tweaker. you just tye in your fsb and multi the put in the ram divider then you know what you're running at even before you actually do the configuration.

AMD 64 teaker

hehe, oops.. in a rush as always, temps are normal.

whats the divider?...

does this set anything or is it a calculator of sorts? thx alot man.

Wish I knew all the settings I should be adjusting! lol

back later, hockey

Will try it once the wife goes to sleep ;)

I can hit nice speeds in windows but doing all kinds of things

12x240

13x220, 228 etc

but the second I run my benchmarks... it hard locks.... well 12x240 worked in all for benchs, but if I go higher, boom lockage.

I need to learn about my memory I guess....