Sign in to follow this  
apf6769

Windows Trouble

Hi I have just built this config in my sig ,the system boots and the installation starts.I format in NTFS and the files of the Windows XP are copied to the hd ,and then the program requires to restart the computer to continue the installation.But when the system restarts it shows a message like this "Disc error press ctrl+alt+del to restart your computer" .I have deleted, formatted and tried to install the win xp about 4 times but I recieved the same error .I tested my seagate barracuda in another computer and it worked .I tried the memory in the yellow slots and the computer didn't boot so I let the sticks in the orange slots and this problem happens.

I appreciate any kind of help for the solution ,thanks.

It is a good practice to run memtest before yo install windows.. If memory arent good it can cause corruptions in windows installation.. So run memtest and see if you can pass it cleanly..

Try one stick of memory farthest from the CPU. Memtest each stick tests 5 and 8 to make sure they are both good. for atleast 5 loops on each. Then 1 loop of the complete test to make sure they aren't throwing errors.

I've never heard of the memory in your sig, is that just some valueram stuff? If so, they may be high-density chips that this board will not get along with well. If you have the budget, I'd suggest getting some new ram.

Try checking the jumper settings on your drive too. I got this exact same error before too - I thought I set the jumper to "master" but I accidentally set it to "limit size to 32 gb" or something like that -- turned out that I was looking at it upside-down :rolleyes:

pgaur82 I will see the jumpers thanks by the advice and AceGoober I don't have a floppy here so the pioneer is 1st boot device and the 2nd is the hard drive.

I did the complete Memtest86 and the tests 5 and 8 five times .There was no errors ,and the mem sticks only worked in the orange slots in 1T.When I tried in the yellow slots the computer didn't boot.

Thanks

I have tried the hd jumpers but it wasn't that ,thanks pgaur82. Lensman , I have already tried to install with one mem stick but when the computer restarts ,the same problem happens