X2 3800 OC Bios settings

DeFJaE

I just finished OC'ing my rig and able to achieve my OC goal of 2.4. Since I am new to AMD and DFI, I know for a fact my bios settings are not optimized. If anyone can post an optimized for best perfomance bios settings I'd very much appreciate it.

Here's my Bios settings. Hope you guys can show me what I can improve or what can be change.

CPU - 240

LDT/FSB - 2.5

HTT/FSB - x10

Vcore is at default. - 1.31v

Dram Freq. - 166 = Ram/Fsb 05/06

CPC - Enable

TCL - 2.0

TRCD - 3

TRAS - 6

TRP - 3

TRC - 15

TRFC - 16

TRRD - 2

TWR -2

TWTR - 2

TRWT - 3

TREF - 3120

TWCL - AUTO

Dram Bank - Enable

Well, basically now since you reached your desired CPU speed, the next logical step is to tweak the memory...

use the a64 tweaker which is a software that runs in windows mode and allows you to play with memory timings...I used it and loved it...

Thank you, I will def. look into that. Also in the Genie option what should be the FSB ratio? I currently have mine set to 2.5 should it be higher or lower. Highest i believe is 5.0 and lowest is 1.0 and my CPU/FSB is set to x10. Thanks.

Thanks for the advise. Only problem I have now i tried switching my dividers from 166mhz to 180mhz 10/9. My Dram voltage is set to 2.77. Mem test #5 pass 5 failed 0, OCCT Stability test finished with out any problems, and Prime95 ran for 3 hours no issue. Now when I play FEAR after about 10 to 15 mins or so my computer hang. I tried upping the Dram volt to 2.80. I havent tested much yet since I had to leave for work. Any Ideas what could be causing FEAR to hang? is fear memory intensive? or cpu?

I had the same problem with some of my older Corsair 2x512 CMX PC3200 memory. Not sure what is was rated for, but I was running mine at 3.0v (6:5 divider) with lots of air flow because it did get warm. I was Prime and SuperPI stable at 2.8, but as soon as I fire up BF2 for about 10-15 min it would crap out...dropped it down to from 2.8 to 2.75 and all is fine. My guess is the operating environment of multiple instructions being processes simultaniously cannot be duplicated by Prime or SuperPI...Close, but not quite. So if you can manage to sacrafice a few mhz then drop it down a few, if not pump up the voltage on the memory one notch. :)

PS--I ran it this way for about a year without any failures or stability issues....then I upgraded because that is what we do!

Like I say, it's ashame to discard a CPU that is in perfectly great working order; if it still works then you haven't taken it far enough! :nod:

Ok after further testing I finally was able to play FEAR for 1 hr. I had to up the DRam v to 2.8, which in IMO solved that little problem. Now i notice the game stutters alot. Could this be cause by the ram? I already did the Fix that they release for the X2's and the game still stutters. I will search the forums see if I can find anything that might be able to help me out.

Doubtful of the RAM causing the stutter. Where you playing multiplayer or single player? If multi, it could be server lag...BF2 did this when first released and patches soon fixed the issue. If single mode, then I would suspect it to be possibly be a page file issue or video driver needs to be reinstalled. I have experienced the same issues and this is what fixed it for me. :)

Check your harddrive LED when the stuttering starts, if it's constantly on and actively doing things during game play then I would seriously suspect a Page file issue.