OCZ PSU 520W or 600W

oandrew

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I surfed for 4 or 5 days on psu's and will be ordering the p&c 510 sli despite it's price.

In my opinion, OCZ PSU's are overpriced. Good product, but for roughly $200, (Powerstrem 600) overpriced. If you don't have a problem investing $200+ in a PSU (good investment in my opinion seeing as you may spend thousands building or rebuilding your Rig) why not get a psu that is rated at 650w max (will hit the full rated 510w at 50 degrees c) provides 34Amps (38Amps Max) on the +12v Rail, and maintain a documented +/-1% voltage regulation (lets see any OCZ match that!)? Look at the PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 510 ASL for your Expert. Especially, if you're entertaining SLI. 125Wx2 in SLI can tax a PSU quickly.

will an OCZ 520 Watt be enough for a X2 3800 @ 2600mhz and a X1900XT ??

ATI's website says 30 amps minimum, but ill be using a overclocked X2 and dont forget DFI motherboards require 4 power connectors

Yes, when they say 30A minimum, it's saying that you'll need 30A in total to run the entire system with the X1900XT (ATi will over estimate that amount to protect themselves as well). You have 3A extra which equates out to 3x12 = 36Watts of extra power to work with. Should be enough for any overclocking you want to do.