Non-sli Multi Gpu Help!!!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You might want to use some form of driver cleaner (do a search on google) to make sure they are gone.

I'd recommend just trying to get the 7800 working in the bottom slot before even installing the ati.

I HAVE FOUND OUT WHAT IS WRONG!!!

apparrently...the x300se refuses to work in the second slot. I believe this is due to the Hyper Memory that ATI uses in this card, and the fact that the second slot runs as only X2 pci express. I put the 7800gt in the bottom slot...ran FINE. but when I put the x300se there...nothing happened. So yeah...I think im gona try to return the card for a full refund....hopefully the guy on ebay will give me one. Will get another cheap Nvidia...that does not use Hyper Memory.

I HAVE FOUND OUT WHAT IS WRONG!!!

apparrently...the x300se refuses to work in the second slot. I believe this is due to the Hyper Memory that ATI uses in this card, and the fact that the second slot runs as only X2 pci express. I put the 7800gt in the bottom slot...ran FINE. but when I put the x300se there...nothing happened. So yeah...I think im gona try to return the card for a full refund....hopefully the guy on ebay will give me one. Will get another cheap Nvidia...that does not use Hyper Memory.

I told you when you first posted here with this problem to move the jumpers in the board so you could have x8 and 8x instead of 16x and 2x and you didn't listen to me....

Could have solved your problem for a long time now...

I dont know if this is correct but I am certain most newer gpu's have dual DVI...why buy two different gpu's when one with Dual DVI would do the trick and just span whatever you using on screen across the two monitors....? Thought I would throw in my two cents.