Sign in to follow this  
enz660

Non-sli Multi Gpu Help!!!

OK, so I have my current video card (7800gt) plugged into the top slot of my DFI LANPARTY ULTRA-D. Drvivers have been installed for a long time already. My x300se arrives today, so i plug it into the second pcie slot, plug a monitor in...and nothing happens. I took out the 7800gt and put the x300se into the top pcie slot, and all the sudden, it works. This means that the Card is not defective. I installed the ATI drivers, and switched the ati card back to slot 2, and put my 7800gt back in slot 1. The ati card still does not work. Can anyone help me? IS there some bios setting I need to adjust?

I sincerely doubt that you can run two different types of gpu's on the Ultra-D. Someone in here can correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my thinking that Windows is going to have a hard time managing driver packs from two different gpu manufacturers.

Go into the BIOS and change your PCIEX setting I think it is at 16x1x1x2 or something similiar but it should be 8x4xNCx8.

Its under the Genie Bios setting.

Go into the BIOS and change your PCIE setting I think it is at 16x2x1x1 or somthing similiar but it should be 8x4x4x8. I will reboot and check in the bios the exact numbering but there are only 2 different options and you need to be on the one that has 8x

He has a Ultra-D, he has to physically move all the 6 jumpers between the two PCIex slots...only with the Lanparty Expert you have the option to change it in the BIOS...

can someone guide me/find me a guide as to how to do this? I cant find anything for it in the manual

There are in each jumper set THREE collumns, right now they are closing on columns 2 and 3, that means your PCIe lanes are divided 16x and 2x for the bottom one, what you have to do is use the special tool that looks like a clip holder that came with your motherboard and REMOVE all 6 jumpers from the positions 2 and 3 and put every single one of them on position closing pins 1 and 2.

Sorry I can't be more specific than this...and I'm sure they mention this on the manual....

By the way....pardon me for asking but...do you really plan on using more than 2 monitors?? are you a graphic designer?

Anyway, besides that tip I told you I guess you'll have to make sure both video cards are properly detected in windows and setup so you can have 3 or 4 monitors.....

cheers

can u make a quick paint pic? woul dmake it a lot easier...and no, they do not explaine this in the manual..i looked like 50 times

i am a graphics designer...and i need to multitask better. Everytime im on my computer, i have a lot of programs that im running at the same time. Some of which i forget about because I minimize them. For example...I run Photoshop, flash, and dreamweaver at the smae time. Not to mention AIM, firefox, WMP....and other stuff sometimes.