Sign in to follow this  
boomslangdfi

Better than Prime 95?

What is the name of the stress cpu program than is better than prime 95? Also how would I setup and test with the CPU Dual core I have?

You mean SP2004? Its the same thing as Prime95, just with a graphic interface.

Just install it to two seperate folders and set the affinity for each in program and in the task manager...

BTW, theres a nice thread on this somewhere, probably a sticky in the overclocking section....

OCCT

It's only heavy if you use the torture test and in options specify the right amount of memory

to allocate in the test .

This one can be compared to prime95 blend torture test.

The 30 minutes stress test is mostly cpu intensive .

OCCT site:

http://www.ocbase.com/index.html

OCCT program download link:

http://www.ocbase.com/OpenBeta/OCCTv0.91.exe

thats the one how do I set it up for my x2 4800?

Its not really any more stressful than Prime is, and I've only used it to test short term stability before moving on to Prime. I don't think anybody ever uses two instances, as it switches between cores during the 30 minute test and may cause problems if two are running.

Basically just install and run as far as the 30 minute test goes, I assume the same for the torture option if you wish to use it. Keep in mind to get into the overclocking database here you need to have Prime screenshots, so obviously a lot of people (including the administrator of this forum as well as the moderators here) believe in the stability it provides.:)

Its not really any more stressful than Prime is, and I've only used it to test short term stability before moving on to Prime. I don't think anybody ever uses two instances, as it switches between cores during the 30 minute test and may cause problems if two are running.

Basically just install and run as far as the 30 minute test goes, I assume the same for the torture option if you wish to use it. Keep in mind to get into the overclocking database here you need to have Prime screenshots, so obviously a lot of people (including the administrator of this forum as well as the moderators here) believe in the stability it provides.:)

So theres no way to set this up to use both cores independantly?

I cant even get prime to run dual instances anymore, AG showed me how b4 but now ive forgotten

EDIT: I just got it now dual priming 2.6Ghz 1.32volts for a bit, then bumping to 2650

I hope this chip will give me 2.9 on air..

Thats my overall goal with this 0550

So theres no way to set this up to use both cores independantly?

I cant even get prime to run dual instances anymore, AG showed me how b4 but now ive forgotten

EDIT: I just got it now dual priming 2.6Ghz 1.32volts for a bit, then bumping to 2650

I hope this chip will give me 2.9 on air..

Thats my overall goal with this 0550

I think OCCT is the most stressful of all the testing programs. It will usually find an OC problem within 5min if the system is not stable. I can run Prime95 and SP2004 on some configurations that OCCT will complain about.

If you want to run dual copies of OCCT or any stress programs, go to task manager processes and set affinity to the core # for that process.

cjoe

the 30min test of OCCT makes my processor hotter than 96 hrs 40min of prime95 did, so I think its a bit more intensive as well. I have managed to find overclocks that superpi mod and OCCT are fine with, that prime95 has problems with though, so I like to use everything.

the 30min test of OCCT makes my processor hotter than 96 hrs 40min of prime95 did, so I think its a bit more intensive as well. I have managed to find overclocks that superpi mod and OCCT are fine with, that prime95 has problems with though, so I like to use everything.

Very true but its a very rare situation.

I use OCCT to find the OC sweet spot because it only takes 30min. Once I think its stable then I use Prime95 to verify.

cjoe