A7n8x Dx And Sata

I have my heart set on buying a pair of WDC Raptor's and slappin em in my setup on raid0, so i can use them for my gaming drives.

However, i recently read somewhere that when using the onboard SATA channels, that you lose a PATA channel. this would not be good for me, seeing as how my setup includes 2 IDE HD's already (plus i have a cd-rw and dvd-rom drive on other channel, thus leaving no more room for onboard IDE channels)

I'd really like to know if this is true, because i would like to have 4 HD's in my case, and two ATAPI devices connected simultaneously, but it sounds too good to be true.

help me out folks.

I'm not positive on this but I'm pretty sure you can use the 2 SAtA drives at the same time with 2 IDE drives. Doesn't make much sense at all. Since the Silcon SATA controller is a totally separate controller. It would be like having IDE RAID and still using 2 regular IDE drives as well. Different controller all together. I am using 1 Raptor Drive setup on SATA and 1 regular IDE drive and it works flawlessly. I don't see any reason if you add another HDD or two that it would disable anything. BTW. In order to use a SATA drive on this board you still need to setup an array even if it is just the one drive on there.