OC to 2.5 w/ Tax Refund...Maybe

i have a x2 3800.....my rig in sig...and i am thinking about trying to oc to 2.5......it seems that most ppl are able to hit 2.5 stable with these things.....and if its a lil shy i dont think it will matter tooooo much...anyways back to what i was saying...what ram would you recomend that would not be more than i really need....looking to try to save a lil moola if i can.....anyways have a good 1 and ill holla back l8tr

Personally I would try using the current ram on a divider first, before spending money on ram. Just to make sure your processor can run at that speed before spending the money for nice ram and finding out the processor isnt stable.

Heres a link to some nice PC4000 ram

http://shop2.outpost.com/product/4754249?s...CH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Read the overclocking guides on this forum. You have no need for better ram, you ca noverclock your cpu until it screams and begs for mercy using dividers. Though you may find that moving to 2gb is worthwhile, overclocking or not :)

i was leaning towards 2 gigs anyways...and i havent gotten cpu 100% stable yet...andly bout 15 hrs dual prime then 1 core craps out @ stock settings....i think it may b my ram because it it "value ram" kingston...i was just looking for a decent upgrade on it and i will put this ram in something else as i now have 5 pcs set up in house...Must read more on the oc guide...i have printed up the entire thing and have read it a few times...just need to read more b4 i go messing with all that...but i know my Box could use some QUALITY ram instead of cheap stuff that had to suffice when i built the box....