Really Bad Problem

heh, im too impatient for something like that. I might as well just ship it off and get a brand new one. I just have a feeling this one is defective, dont know why.

I can't imagine that you would rather RMA a possibly good board than clear the CMOS for 24 hours.

There may be nothing wrong with the board other than a confused BIOS.

24 hours has got to be worth just the cost of shipping.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

true. I just cant imagine it being the bios though. Like i said it was working perfectly fine with no errors, all i did was up the fan speed. If the bios somehow messed up during that process, then how is the board not defective regardless? What im saying is even if it does work after a 24 hour clear, whats to stop it from happening again with this board?

Ill go ahead and try the CMOS clear. I just switch the pin for 24 hours, then put it back to the original spot? psu plugged in and on? Battery in or out? cpu, vid card, ram, ect in or out? just gotta make sure cause this is the first time im clearing a CMOS and if its for 24 hours, i wanna be sure im doing it right.

Have you tried a different PSU? While I doubt the OCZ 520W is the culprit, it would be worth jump starting it to make sure that it isn't the piece of hardware causing your problem.

what you described sounds exactly like what i went through initially.... You said you tried another psu? When i ended up trying another psu i was able to boot fine. Can you jumpstart your current ocz psu? It seems like a power supply issue

Guest munan

I had the EXACT same problem. It started just after I had installed my new power supply; an OC 520 watts just like yours. It turns out it was the power supply. When testing the power supply it would flick on for a moment then die. I have since sent it back RMA and am still waiting for a replacement. (It was 43 days old and I got it from NCIX.com) I have since moved on to an Enermax. Make sure you are testing the power supply by itself with the green and black pins jumped.

Cheers,

MuNaN

PS. OCZ discontinued my model OCZ520ADJ.

I built my comp exactly a week ago, everything was working fine. I opened it up last night to turn up the fan speed that came with my Antec P180 case. So i open it up, turn up the speed, turn the comp on to check, it works. I turn it off, close the case, and put it back together. I try to turn it on, and no go. I tried everything, the comp wont start. I even got it down to the bare min. where only the cpu, and cpu fan were plugged in and it still wont start. Its not the power supply, i tested that. I also took out the battery to reset the bios and nada. Any clues besides sending this thing back?