Really Bad Problem

I built my comp exactly a week ago, everything was working fine. I opened it up last night to turn up the fan speed that came with my Antec P180 case. So i open it up, turn up the speed, turn the comp on to check, it works. I turn it off, close the case, and put it back together. I try to turn it on, and no go. I tried everything, the comp wont start. I even got it down to the bare min. where only the cpu, and cpu fan were plugged in and it still wont start. Its not the power supply, i tested that. I also took out the battery to reset the bios and nada. Any clues besides sending this thing back?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, i gave up trying to use the power button on the actual case. I just started pushing the dfi one. Thanks for the guide, im gonna strip it clean and start from scratch. I was already pretty close, the only thing connected right now is the cpu and fan. Not much more to strip. I did forget to mention, when the psu is plugged in and on, i get the orange led lights glowing through the mobo, and when i try to turn it on the red lights flick on and off real quick. you can also see movement in the fans but then they all die out within a second.... dont know what that means....

yeah, i gave up trying to use the power button on the actual case. I just started pushing the dfi one. Thanks for the guide, im gonna strip it clean and start from scratch. I was already pretty close, the only thing connected right now is the cpu and fan. Not much more to strip. I did forget to mention, when the psu is plugged in and on, i get the orange led lights glowing through the mobo, and when i try to turn it on the red lights flick on and off real quick. you can also see movement in the fans but then they all die out within a second.... dont know what that means....

The amber LEDs are the memory voltage indicators.

Try the long Clear CMOS after you get the board out of the case and before you go through any more trouble shooting.

ok well i just disconnected everything. plugged in the cpu 1 stick of ram, the cpu fan, power supply to the mobo and vid card. and no, it aint startin up. i guess it mustve fried. This blows.

yeah all 4 are plugged in. I flip the psu switch on, then hit the power button, i see fan movement for about .01 seconds and a quick flash from the red leds, then its all dead again except the orange leds.

well it couldnt be anything with the cooler and the paste since it was running fine for a week. Only thing i changed was the fan speeds when i opened up the box. Ill wait till tomorrow morning, then im shipping this thing back to zipzoomfly for a replacement.