AMD 3800+ Dual S A F E Overclock

S A F E = A week on without a minute off....

So i got this CPU a week ago...

I come here to see what would be the safest OC and all i see is different memory Mhz on each config but the same multiplier ( 10x ).

My question is this...Cant someone change the multiplier to 11x and the memories at lets say stock speed and still achieve 200mhz overclock on the CPU ?

I could be wrong but im currently running my system at 215mhz RAM and 10x Multiplier giving me 2150mhz on the GPU...Would changing the multiplier at 11x give me 2365mhz ?? Or is the multiplier Locked ?

Anyways i need a S A F E OC proposal from anyone along with the Volts recommended for it.

did you try changing your cpu multiplier to 11? All athlon 64's except fx line (i believe) is locked upwards.

3000 >> max 9

3200 >> max 10

there is a thread on xtremesystems.org about couple of guys journey to unlock the athlons - UNSUCCESSFUL currently

However, I saw at least 2 people (accidentally) unlock their cpu's!

Anyways i need a S A F E OC proposal from anyone along with the Volts recommended for it.

Safe would be keeping your load temps under 50c.. For voltage you will need to see what your cpu is capable of doing.. But I would try to keep the voltage around 1.5v-1.55v (max) on air cooling.. Dont just ram it up to those voltages though you want to raise them slowly as you get unstable.. Always use the least amount of voltage that is needed to keep stable..

Your cpu multi is LOCKED at 10x you can select lower ones but nothing above 10x..

I suggest you do alot of reading before you start tinkering with overclocking because it seems like you are new to this.. There is a good oc guide in my sig that will get you familiar with alot of stuff..

I aint new, im just more into GPU overclock than CPU overclock.
Well overclocking motherboards, cpus and rams is alot more involved then videocards.. (no offense)
cause i find that it has a negative effect on many games.
Thats strange.. :confused:

I aint new, im just more into GPU overclock than CPU overclock cause i find that it has a negative effect on many games.

you are just mincing words.....you ARE new to cpu overclocking, otherwise you wouldnt ask these questions...besides I cant understand your calculations...you said gpu, did you mean cpu?

upping the fsb does not oc your gpu