eek! knocked a capacitor off!

hey guys

working on my board and i just knocked off a capacitor. its the one right near the top right screwdown hole

what do i do now? never knocked on off before

anyone know what this one does?

it will post, and get into the bios, i dont have a hd to test it further atm.

andrew

it will post, and get into the bios, i dont have a hd to test it further atm.

andrew

Things are put on the mobo for a reason.. I really wouldnt suggest trying to power it up with something broke off the board.. It might appear to be working but imo there is too much of a risk messing something up..

If your handy with soldering then im sure replacing it like learners permit says will work.. But if you dont know how to solder then try to send it to DFI.. maybe they can help you with it..

Guest bigr5026

dude, it hink you should send it to a guy on here, if your not good at soldering, or just call dfi and say that it was bad placement and a total accident, and maybe they will repair it,

its worth a try

i dont think its a capacitor, because its small, and i know what a capacitor is, and that theyre soldered on, this isnt soldered on

and on the board now are two metal fins where it would have pushed on, like it got popped off.

any ideas what this is and controls?

right near the top of the board, where the top screw screws in your mobo tray.

it looks like a jumper the way you talk.. but I don't say that to insult you, it just look like this the way you talk. One time we were all newbies..

if it's a jumper your problem is easy to resolve. Replace it were it was.