Best car racing game?

Guest Loony_merged

Guest Loony

I want a racing sim for my new comp. Something that will actually need the speed my computer has. Something like Formula 1 or Sports Car racing...being able to tweak the cars and even modify them would be great.

Any help? Thanks...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Loony

The latest F1 game that I know of is GP4

My family and some friends used to setup huge lanparties and run the season with about 10 of us racing different teams. It was a blast. We started with GP1...everyone has kids now so it's harder to do...so it stopped. :(

This seems like a sick game too.

I gotta keep looking... :nod:

Well i dont know if its available in the US but TOCA Race Driver 3 has recently come out on the other side of the pond (UK).

Its always been known for being a good simulation with lots of tracks and cars - single seaters, touring, monster trucks to name a few.

The new F1 season starts this month so some new games should be on their way.

Guest Loony
The new F1 season starts this month so some new games should be on their way.

Yeap, on the 15th. I can't wait!

Hoping Schumi will bring home number 8 and the new qualifing rules are going to be interesting.

I'm so excited I could pee!

Need for speed most wanted was a lot of funI never really got into a racing game like that in years. It is very worth checking out expecaly with all the eyecandy

It's a fun arcarde type of racing... not too much of a sim though. But no doubt a blast.

GT legends, i have just tried the demo, but is sure was a lot of eyecandy and realistic handling.

the cars are vintage (pre 80's) and besides som awsome visuals, the sound of the engines is just perfect! you can grab a downloadable demo from here: http://www.gamershell.com/download_10319.shtml

review here: http://www.driverheaven.net/articles/GTL%20Review/

full game has multiplayer mode, but the demo is just plain singleplayer :)

p.s: toca racedriver is a great looking game, and does not hog too much resources, with all eyecandy on and at 1024 x 768 i get from 210 - 250 fps