Sign in to follow this  
lwlam

AMD64 x2 3800+ OC acting funny/ usual...

his ram is already on a huge divider. i dont think its a ram issue.

i must of missed something....i didn't see where he said what divider he was on.

Eitherway, his settings would be a good start, so we can at least see what's going on without assuming.

CJ

I am using 2 x Corsair CMX512-3200C2 RAM. The FSB is set to 1/02. All other settings are on AUTO.

Do I need to back down the timing manually when trying to find the max on the HTT/FSB frequency? I thought it would enough to put it on the multiplier.

If this is a PSU issue, then I have ordered the OCZ Powerstream 520w and expect it to arrive in a couple of days.

Thoughts?

Thanks

FSB frequency multiplier to 1/02 (100Mhz)

Your memory is already underclocked being on the 1/02 divider. I would wait until you get the new PSU before you start overclocking. This will insue that you have enough power and amperes to sustain your system stability. Maybe this has been covered, but do you have all your power connections to your board hooked up?(there are 4 total). If you do not, this will cause major instablity as well.

CJ

My max ratio is 10x. The RAM is declocked to 1/02 right now.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Would changing the ratio to 11x and declocking the Memory solve the problem ?

All four (24pin, 4pin, molex, floppy) are connected.

The funny thing is that I am overclocking to HTT/FSB 235 (from a standard 200) and everything is fine and stable. Once I go to 236, it will not pass "DMI POOL...". I figured it would at least boot Windows AND THEN it would lock or crash.

In any case, good advice on the PSU. I won't be home until Friday, so the PSU should be at my hoouse before I am. So I will install the PSU before trying anything else.

Thanks for your insights.

Lester

Your memory is already underclocked being on the 1/02 divider. I would wait until you get the new PSU before you start overclocking. This will insue that you have enough power and amperes to sustain your system stability. Maybe this has been covered, but do you have all your power connections to your board hooked up?(there are 4 total). If you do not, this will cause major instablity as well.

CJ

All four (24pin, 4pin, molex, floppy) are connected.

The funny thing is that I am overclocking to HTT/FSB 235 (from a standard 200) and everything is fine and stable. Once I go to 236, it will not pass "DMI POOL...". I figured it would at least boot Windows AND THEN it would lock or crash.

In any case, good advice on the PSU. I won't be home until Friday, so the PSU should be at my hoouse before I am. So I will install the PSU before trying anything else.

Thanks for your insights.

Lester

try upping you vcore in .025 increments, raise it .025 first, without touching FSb, then see if it will pass DMI pool....

stock vcore for your x2 is 1.35v, i believe(it not, it's 1.30v). You will need to know this if you take vid off auto.

If you have not read the overclocking guide, i suggest you give it a read....it will help you alot. http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28049

EDIT: i just re-read your first post......i see you have tried upping vcore. My only suggestion at this point is that it's a PSU issue. You should be able to get alot further than 235fsb on stock vcore.

CJ