Sign in to follow this  
Psydrop

Power Supply

You say the board did this, but do you actually refer to the previous PSU?

I would doubt it has anything to do with the motherboard, especially in view of the facts you gave us initially.

How does the new PSU work?

New Psu work great almost all happy except that my 3700 was a good chip. Even that it broke the cpu i am real happy with my dfi :)

Do you think i should go for 3700 or opteron 165?

Did you read the review of the Ultra XConnect 500W ? "Explosive and inefficient - blew up after just five minutes and ten seconds", and that costs a lot more than the Hiper!

Where did you read that review...I used to have the Ultra PSU and it worked flawlessly even overclocked for me....

As the majority of the reviews of this PSU....all of them had good things to say about its stability so I'm curious to see this review you mentioned....

Yes, why not a dual-core. Opteron 165 will be a good. Even though games still might work better with a single-core, a dual-core definately is the future and many applications will certainly be more and more optimized for it.

Does your question indicate that except for the processor your hardware survived?

i think 1 of my a-data went on to heven but i got my ocz today so haven't tried them yet. I'll try to get them to send me a new cpu this week don't want to sit without computer any more.

I just want to thank everybody that tried to help.......this is a great forum