No POST/Boot when changing CPU voltage

The board will not POST/Boot at all when I try to change the VCORE from AUTO to anything else. I will then have to reset the cmos in order to boot again. This is very disappointing as I'm trying to overclock my opteron and it will only go to 2.8ghz w/o being able to change the cpu voltage.

Would I be able to solve this problem w/ a new bios or is it my board?

I'm running the 12/07 bios that came preloaded.

Thanks for any help!

Set LTD/FSB to X3.0

Set CPU/FSB Freq to X9.0

Set CPU VID STARTUP to 1.425v

Set CPU VID CONTROL to 1.350v

Set CPU VID Special Control to 112%

And there you have your instant ~ 1.49 volts if I remember correctly.

RGone...

And there you have your instant ~ 1.49 volts if I remember correctly. I would think 1.49volts would be a voltage change? No? Yes? Humh? You can substitute other values for volts for sure but the process of setting all the other to a 'known' solid value and NOT 'auto' is a must.

RGone...

I'll try that setup, but I'm afraid that it still doesn't solve my initial problem. What good is a motherboard when you can't change the cpu voltage?!

Report back in a min.

Well I think I figured out the root of my problems. It seems the board will not boot unless I manually set a cpu multiplier. I tried your suggestion RGENE and it worked perfectly, so I was curious as to why and once I took the multiplier off AUTO it POSTED.

Now what I have to figure out is why it keeps rebooting w/o even trying to load windows when I try for an FSB above 280. I was able to boot into windows with an FSB at 300 and the cpu at 3 ghz w/ my old Ultra-D board. That board was a dream to work w/ compared w/ this one!

Also, what does the LDT/FSB ratio affect?

I finally got it to boot 3ghz, but only with the cpu/fsb frequency ratio set at 9. This is basically the multiplier correct? I thought opteron 146s were multiplier locked at 10? Is there any disadvantage to having a cpu/fsb ratio lower than 10?

it happened to me once when i just bought all new things and assembled it... i can't changed my opty vcore also on the expert.. but after a week using n a few times run sp2004.. i can change the vcore all the way i want...