Sign in to follow this  
boomslangdfi

memory at 500mhz

First of all I must say that I had help from a friend at work. I guess all it takes is someone that understands how it is done! The OCZ Gold memory runs at 500 mhz no problems. I ran "Super Pi Mod" several times getting to 500 each time it took about a half hour. I also ran "Prime 95" for a little moe than an hour no errors at all. I plan on ruuning the program for several hours later. I have to say the temps on the CPU will go up towards + 25 degrees on stock fan. My CPU ran at 115 degrees max at 100% CPU load. Over all I am happy at 2.5 gig!

I have to say the temps on the CPU will go up towards + 25 degrees on stock fan. My CPU ran at 115 degrees max at 100% CPU load. Over all I am happy at 2.5 gig!

What?!? You should power down your system immediatelly and check your heatsink, these temperatures are MUCH too high!

Gipse

He may have meant 115 degrees fahrenheit which is 46 degrees celsius

Hi,

oops :rolleyes:

Sorry for that, I thought he meant degrees Celcius.

Gipse

First of all I must say that I had help from a friend at work. I guess all it takes is someone that understands how it is done! The OCZ Gold memory runs at 500 mhz no problems. I ran "Super Pi Mod" several times getting to 500 each time it took about a half hour. I also ran "Prime 95" for a little moe than an hour no errors at all. I plan on ruuning the program for several hours later. I have to say the temps on the CPU will go up towards + 25 degrees on stock fan. My CPU ran at 115 degrees max at 100% CPU load. Over all I am happy at 2.5 gig!
Uh, Ok. :)

Let's just say I'm retarted but I can't find the question you'r asking. Or was your intention just to tell everybody that you ran SPi and Prime95 and your temps went up during load? :P

115 degrees fahrenheit , is correct. there was no question in this post just to let people know that this memory can operate at 500 mhz and I feel even beyond that. There are people out there that have this memory in that are running below the mhz that is intended, for there information.