Sign in to follow this  
rithina

3dmark scores less than DFI-Expert?

Recently has just moved from nvidia GFX to ATI gfx card and running 3dmark05, it seems that my DFI expert is slightly faster than my RDX200 with my X1800XT...

Previous score is 10195 while after changing the board, it now drop till 9885. Everything remains the same even the drivers.

Any reason why for the big drop of 300-400? I thgt the DFI RDX200 would works slightly better or at least on par with DFI Expert....

Hm any additional setting i can set to boost this card?

Diference is small to really worry, after all 3dMark is not a game but a simple test.

I read somewhere the ATI cards worked better with the nVidia chipset than with the ATI one, but I am not sure if its the same right now after so many driver updates.

The DFI Expert is a very powerfull motherboard, maybe that is another reason why the results are better there. What brand of motherboard is the RX200?

Diference is small to really worry, after all 3dMark is not a game but a simple test.

I read somewhere the ATI cards worked better with the nVidia chipset than with the ATI one, but I am not sure if its the same right now after so many driver updates.

The DFI Expert is a very powerfull motherboard, maybe that is another reason why the results are better there. What brand of motherboard is the RX200?

It is a DFI RDX200 CF-DR :)

Yes this is just one of many test and not as inportant as a game. Did you install it again on a fresh partitionthe latest drivers directX and video etc 3d mark chan be highly influenced by the driver used.