another 4 LED problem... no go

Hi,

so one day, i tried to power up the PC n´ what did i see... nothing... exept for 4 LEDs blazing :cool:

PC was @ its default speeds and volts

i´ve read other threads about the 4 LED problem and tried almost everything, but still it woun´t work

what i´ve tried so far:

1. reinserted the cpu

2. short and long term Clear CMOS (more than 6 days)

3. removed the battery (also 6 days)

4. used different RAM (one stick, all slots were tested)

5. used different video card (PCI)

6. connected the Molex and FDD power cable to the motherboard

cpu was tested in other PC, everything worked fine

today or tomorrow i´m goin´ to try another PSU, see if that helps

n´ another thing, when PC powers up and ventilator rms go up and stay there, cooling should be good, but still chipset heatsink turns god damn hot :confused:

any other suggestions what to do?

----updated

the sys is out of case and the PSU in use is CoolerMaster 450W ACLY

It sounds like you're on the right track. The two most likely culprits are a power supply issue or a short circuit. You didn't mention which power supply in your sig.

I had a similar problem and it didn't go away until I removed my motherboard tray from the case and booted it out of the case. In my case it must have been a short circuit in the area of the motherboard.

Good luck!

i haven´t tested the sys with another PSU yet, but if the problem is PSU related...

could the PSU have killed my mobo?

btw, the other PSU is one +12V railed 20A Codegen with 480W rating <-- is there even a point testing

the other PSU is one +12V railed 20A Codegen with 480W rating
Isn't great but you might test it with minimum components (leave optical drives unplugged initially) You'd be best off getting a psu from the recomended list that extoadie linked Frotron Blue Storm 500W (AX500-A) is relatively cheap & wellthought of.