Venus bios: 2 Questions...

Thanks for the info and the link Enz0. Just wondering... Where does the info come from for compatibility? Have you tried it? Or is the info 2nd hand?

Expert's BIOS works on Venus, and Venus's BIOS works on Expert.

Some problems may occur, of course, but it works.

You can download Venus's BIOS from here.

http://us.dfi.com.tw/Support/Download/bios..._FLAG=A&SITE=US

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info and the link Enz0. Just wondering... Where does the info come from for compatibility? Have you tried it? Or is the info 2nd hand?

My friend tried it.

My friend tried it.

Your friend obviously ran into some problems or you woudn't have said that "some problems may occur". Can you tell us what kind of problems your friend may have run into?

My friend tried it.

Right...

Well I don't doubt your friend, I think it might be best to hold off until someone known a bit better on the forums (any forums for that matter) has given an answer.

Keep in mind d3mon that there is absolutely NO reason to try it unless you're having some issues with your current bios.

Right...

Well I don't doubt your friend, I think it might be best to hold off until someone known a bit better on the forums (any forums for that matter) has given an answer.

Keep in mind d3mon that there is absolutely NO reason to try it unless you're having some issues with your current bios.

Believe me... I'm not about to flash and ruin my brand new mobo without first having definite confirmation one way or another. A second hand guys friend doesn't constitute anything even remotely close to definite. Especially if he doesn't go somewhere and write a review of how it worked, the problems he had, what kind of overclock he got, etc.

There is a reason to try if you're trying to see if a new bios might increase your overclock... :P

There is a reason to try if you're trying to see if a new bios might increase your overclock... :P

You do have a point, if I were (and I will be in a week or so) rebuilding my computer yet again, I would probably give a new one a shot just because it may offer me sometihng I didn't have before. That said, generally a new bios will gain you only memory speed which I quite honeslty don't give a crap about. There are many that think otherwise though, so I suppose it is worthwhile for those that want the extra 4 mhz out of their ram.

Guess all we can do is wait and see, A_G and RGone are supposed to have some boards around Wednesday or so, so hopefully we'll see some real reviews by next weekend.

so I suppose it is worthwhile for those that want the extra 4 mhz out of their ram.

Yeah, an extra 4 MHz for me would come in handy so I can run 275 stable @ 1T. That way, I can run 1:1 with the 2750 my proccy is capable of instead of having to back it way off with 9/10 or drop to 2T. The memory is the only reason I don't have that extra 50MHz in the OCDB!! Its the little things that irk you the most... :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm not in a HUGE rush to flash the venus bios as I'm going to try out OCZ Tony's bios first to see if that will give me the extra MHz I want. I just want to know about compatibility so I know that I have the option or not if Tony's bios doesn't work out.

Your friend obviously ran into some problems or you woudn't have said that "some problems may occur". Can you tell us what kind of problems your friend may have run into?

He didn't have any problems until now, but Expert and Venus are NOT exactly the same board, so there may be some problems.

You can't expect many things of Venus's BIOS.

It doesn't solve the CPU temperature problem of Expert.

That problem is a hardware problem.

Guest guilliam

really nice to know someone already have it in hand. hope to hear more feedback.. might buy this bad boy instead. :)

- g