Iam i unlucky?

edis

Hi!

I got my Opteron 146 CAB2E 0546 FPAW, couple of weeks ago and i got quite dissapointed about the OC. After a while a accepted the bad OC results. I thought i just got a bad stepping, but today i`ve been reading about other ppl with the same stepping and they are able to push it @ 2.8-3+ so i just began to wonder if maybe there is something else i can do to make my OC better. My tops now are

254*10= 2540mhz @ 1.45 Vcore

263*10= 2630mhz @ 1.614 Vcore

273*10= 2730 @ 1.7 Vcore :P just did it for one test.

So. I use aircooling and the CPU temp is about 52 full load with 1.6 Vcore. NB temp 50-55. Would it be worth buying water cooling or something to get the temps down, can you overclock more when u lower the temp without increasing the Vcore?

I use memory divider so thats not the problem.

My 380W PSU only has 20pin contact and the motherboard has 24. Is it possible that i would do better in my OC if i had a better PSU with a 24pin contact?

I dont know if my signature works, if it dosnt, the motherboard is a DFI Lanparty ULTRA -D

Thank you very much for taking your time to read/answer!

Sorry if my english is bad =)

52 load is too hot for the CPU, and 50 to 55 for the chipset if also pushing it. Definetely invest in some higher quality air cooling (you probably need to improve the airflow in your case). If you have the money, go for the water.

Your PSU is definetely a problem. 380W is not nearly enough, you need at least 100 more than that, and it absolutely needs to have a 24 pin connector. You also need to connect all 5 power connectors to the motherboard.

ok, it seems like the only thing i`ve done right is connecting all the power connectors to the motherboard :D But i only find 4 btw. 20pin, 4pin, floppyconnector and the common HD connector.

Yea, sorry there's 4 not 5 my bad. Right now I think the most important thing for you is getting a new PSU. Here's a nice guide about them:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10854

Maybe check this out too, it's about connecting the all the power connectors though apparently you got that down.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...734&postcount=3

I get 2.8 easy with my CAB2E FPAW. I would suggest flashing to the bios in my sig. Is your mem stable at higher clocks?

Hmm, it dosn`t matter if i use a mem divider, 100mhz or something. But yea, they can do quite nice clocks, around 250.

But i`ll try the bios you told me about!

now i`ve tried the bios wangerin told me about, and it seems like i can run a little lower volt then before, but still. I cant get over 2650mhz with 1.55Vcore. But the next thing to do is get a new PSU.