Sign in to follow this  
divided

dfi venus finally out.

so I am really curious of the first future rma - with box or without, hehehe

so I am really curious of the first future rma - with box or without, hehehe

Nice.

Dunno, I doubt heavily that new caps will prove to have any benefit, but I guess I'll wait and see what A_G and RGone have to say about it....though I wouldn't buy one unless it guaranteed 20% better overclocks than I currently have...

windwithme has reported that this board does not have the problems that the Expert does with TCCD and some 2GB kits. It may also clock a bit better overall. As of now, this is just speculation as no one else has reproduced any of his results. But ask me again next week (*wink*). Thanks for the gift certificate, little brother! Xmas in March!

windwithme has reported that this board does not have the problems that the Expert does with TCCD and some 2GB kits. It may also clock a bit better overall. As of now, this is just speculation as no one else has reproduced any of his results. But ask me again next week (*wink*). Thanks for the gift certificate, little brother! Xmas in March!

it is ALWAYS speculation to try and say that one user has better luck with certain memory than another user

not every user with an Expert has troubles with TCCD (some have crushed their previous TCCD overclocks)

not every user had any trouble with 2GB RAM (I've tried 5 different 2GB kits and all work extremely well)

speculation is terrible but I suppose it is human nature and nothing can be done about it =(

The caps themselves won't necessarily improve oc'ing performance, but it will make the board more reliable for long term abuse. Now if they upgraded the power regulation circuitry, then it might be "worth" the extra money.

not every user with an Expert has troubles with TCCD (some have crushed their previous TCCD overclocks)
This user certainly has! I lost a week of my life methodically testing 40 Drive/Data Strength combinations only to settle on less than rated timings.Talk about frustrated. In the end, I got some great BH-5 from Super Nade and it kills on the Expert. But I still love TCCD!

speculation is terrible but I suppose it is human nature and nothing can be done about it =(
Agreed. I ordered one so I wouldn't have to!

you ordered one?? you MUST keep us posted.
You know I will.

windwithme has reported that this board does not have the problems that the Expert does with TCCD and some 2GB kits. It may also clock a bit better overall. As of now, this is just speculation as no one else has reproduced any of his results.

Considering he somehow had the board over a month ago I wouldn't look too much into a preproduction board.

I think I would rather get an Ultra D + Cpu for the same price?

I think theres a lotta people thinkin the same thing, though I could totally use a super gimicky DFI box for my jewelry....or something :rolleyes:

I wonder if we'll be seeing any of these Venus boxes on eBay. Figure you could make some money back on them?

Post back after you get it set up I would like to know if that box is worth a hundred bucks. For $300.00 it should install its self and vacuum the carpet too. Good Luck be interesting to see if any better clocks than the expert.

Sign in to follow this