Psu Recommendation

Shazarda

Hey, i was thinkin of a psu to support my comp, and to get a psu that wud be future proof as well.

So i thought of psus such as the seasonic s12 600w

and the enermax Liberty 620w

both are rock solid but only the enermax is modular, but the seasonic is quiet supposedly

anyone help... i will be upgradin my comp to an x2 xpu and a sli config, so, the better psu i get now, saves me money later, any reccomendations

im quiet stuck on wat to choose, or if u suggest sumthing else thats proven to be better

cheers guys, plz help lol

I have the seasonic 600w psu in my pc at the moment but im thinking of getting a better one as the 12v line is about 11.77v dont get me wrong its a great psu very quiet but i want a better one for overclocking PC Power&Cooling are bringing out a quiet 750W version soon,so ive got to start saving the pennys up now :D

Clone - Did you get that voltage "11.77" using a multimeter? Both BIOS and most programs report incorrectly. I had a S12-600 that was at 12.02 volts on the 12v rail and did not waver much under load.

Shazarda - I found the Seasonic to be quiet, but eventually turned problematic like they have for many here on DFI-Street. I eventually bought an OCZ Powerstream 520. No more cold boot problems like I had with the Seasonic and it makes slightly more noise. My case fans are noisier than the PSU. Also OCZ has a great warranty:

5 year warranty backed by OCZ’s exclusive PowerSwap™ replacement program.** No more endless return-for-repair loops!

Guest Crusader

I had a OCZ PowerStream 520 PSU as well, however last week it just died on me. Turned off the pc one night and the next morning it just was completely dead.

The store where I bought it from told me this had happened with several other customers as well recently and offered me my money back or switch to another PSU. After looking around I switched to a Tagan 580 Watt EasyCon series PSU. Thusfar I'm very happy with the Tagan, the rails are stable, it's silent and has plenty of juice on the +12V, buildquality and accessories are great.

I'm in Europe so it was the European version of the OCZ psu that I was using, the one with Active PFC or something. So eventho the OCZ is on the recommended list I cannot not recommend it anymore.

I have not had any PSU's quite as large as you guys are talking about.....and DAYUM, Clone....a 750watt psu!!!! :D

I do have experience with Enermax PSU's and I would HIGHLY recommend them. I currently have an Enermax Noisetaker 485watt. This thing is uber stable and the voltage never wavers. It is also very quiet.

It was in the BIOS i got the reading from and smartguardian,i take it the seasonic is not the best psu for the Expert then.

You will probably find that the 12v rail is right on the money if measured with a multimeter. At least that was my experience.

I was very pleased with the Seasonic for most of the time I owned it. Once I started adding my peripherals and additional drives, I started getting problems booting. It would not boot right back up after shutting down. It would also require pushing the power button 3-4 times for the computer to start up. I know there are people running the Seasonic's without any issue. If yours is OK then it is all good. All I am saying is I could have saved myself some trouble and money by buying one of the recommended PSU in the first place. So that is my advice to anyone looking for a PSU upgrade.

all my voltages are slightly off in smartguardian / mbm / bios... with a dmm they are slightly above spec...

don't make judgements based on motherboard sensors for either voltages or temperatures

as mentioned, there is a psu recommendation list here on the street with specific sli categories:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10854

also here is another article which shows workarounds for some psu's which have slight issues with multiple rails with SLI/CF:

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1558...2129TX1K0000532