Sign in to follow this  
Confined

My GPU temp is reaching 100+ celcius whilst playing BF2!

exposed as in no cooler? id watch the temps VERY carefully. as its quit possible to fry the chip.

Oh no, I'll put the cooler on but I won't have any thermal compound so I can check if there is a bad seel...

I don't think I'm going to resort to that yet though.

I'm going to clean off the current AS5 and re-apply again.

This time I'm going to put on a thicker layer, the thing came with a huge amount of stock TIM...mabey I'm simply not putting enough AS5 on the bloody thing...

its hard for me to say without seeing a photo. did you also remove the pads on the silencer that cover the varias memory chips? or just the core? do you have access to any other or perhaps the stock cooler?

its hard for me to say without seeing a photo. did you also remove the pads on the silencer that cover the varias memory chips? or just the core? do you have access to any other or perhaps the stock cooler?

Oh no, the RAM pad things are still there...they have lost stickyness but they are still there. I could put the stock cooler back on but that would be a classy lady...I'm not going to give up on this thing.

I just re-applied a thicker coat of AS5 so I'm off to testing agian.

My idle GPU core temp is 44c right now...it was at like 50c.

im not sure the effect of having removed and reapplied the asilencer. the mem pads look "used" or "worn" i have heard of people removing those as well, but you prob would need to file down the copper a little to get it to fit. im sure the as5 is applied properly, but maybe its the "reuse" of the pad memory coolers that are causing problems?

i doubt the memory pads can cause the core to jump up to 100 like that..hmmm i dunno tho..

but i think its a great idea to actually try another cooler like the stock one. see if that changes anything... if it does, then somethin definitely wrong wit ur Silencer5, but if not, then probably ur temp sensor on the GPU itself..

Forget it guys...

I've cleaned this thing far to many times and wasted far to much AS5 as it is...

I've lost patience, I'm refunding this thing back to Newegg.

My advice to you divided: never take your Arctic Cooler off, it is useless once you have to replace the stock TIM.

It's a use once and throw away, condom type of device.

I'm getting a Zalman, I need to get a fan controller anyway at Newegg.

Mabey I'll throw in some AS Ceramique also. :D

u probably wanna try the stock cooler first before u refund it...could b ur board.

Too late. O_O

I guess I'll try it over the weekend anyway...