Possible Fix For Sli Crashing

Hey Guys i also was having the Sli-crashing problems, I noticed that i would get it more often when i turned the fan up on my heatsink, and it wouldnt happen as often if i left my fan on 1/2 Speed, but it still happened. So i linked it to my PSU, but the only thing i couldnt figure out was why sometimes it would play for hours and sometimes it would happen within minutes of playing a game. (ex. BF2)

While i was puzzled to why this was happening i figured i would re-route my wires so it would look a little neater in my Shark Case, and when i had finished re-doing the wiring I notice that i had plugged the little floppy power connector into the board above the PCI-Express slot and it was the only thing on the Rail. while my CD Rom and HD were on the other rail together.

After doing all this i decide i want to do a little gaming, Ive played BF2,COD2,Rfactor/N2003/UT2004/ CS/DOD/NFS Most Wanted/ over 1 week now without a single crash.

So it led me to think, before i re-routed the wires i had my cd-rom and the little Floppy power connector on the same rail. Could the Expert board be setup to where that this little part on the board needed a suffient supply of power all the time and when gaming when the cdrom spun up the game would freeze.

So I wanted to test out my theory and i hooked up the cd-rom back onto the same rail as the little connector. Within minutes after started the game , SLI CRASHED.

Guys im not saying that this will work for everyone but it did work for me, it may be the solution and it may not. try it and see if it helps.

I hope you have the same luck i had.

I also tried this as a remedy and it did work for a couple of days, but in the end the crashing returned.I have pretty much narrowed it down to the 12/7 bios as the culprit after about 3 solid weeks of trial and error.It has been stable now for 4 days, and i have absolutaly hammered this thing trying to resolve it.