Sign in to follow this  
B4L1STA

Corsair XMS RAM + DFI Boards

I'm build a system very soon (I'm going to order next week) and I've decided on a DFI Lanparty board (SLI-DR to be percise). I've heard bad things about Lanparty boards and Corsair RAM. However, my friend had no problems with his Corsair XMS RAM in his Lanparty board. I've also heard that one of the latest bios updates fixed the issues, so what is the updated "story" with Lanparty boards and Corsair RAM, particularly Corsair Dual-Channel 1GB (2 x 512) XMS.

Please don't tell me to "search", I would like to hear the updated story and and hear if anyone out there has used a Lanparty board with my specific RAM.

If the issues won't reduce performance and it's something that can be fixed by changing settings or whatever, I'm fine with that. Also, please reccomend some alternative RAM (right around $100, please) if you think that I will have too big of a problem with the corsair RAM.

Well I'm not sure how accurate what you heard is, I couldn't say. I'm using a stick of Corsair XMS 512MB myself with no problems. It's PC2700 so it might be a little older than what you have. I'm also running it dual channel with a Gigaram stick.

Hiya, Yeh I'm using what's in my sig the past two months and the only issue is that I can't get them past 240MHz. Other than that no problems. If Iwas getting 2*512Mb of Corsair today I'd make sure and get these

I'm build a system very soon (I'm going to order next week) and I've decided on a DFI Lanparty board (SLI-DR to be percise). I've heard bad things about Lanparty boards and Corsair RAM. However, my friend had no problems with his Corsair XMS RAM in his Lanparty board. I've also heard that one of the latest bios updates fixed the issues, so what is the updated "story" with Lanparty boards and Corsair RAM, particularly Corsair Dual-Channel 1GB (2 x 512) XMS.

Please don't tell me to "search", I would like to hear the updated story and and hear if anyone out there has used a Lanparty board with my specific RAM.

If the issues won't reduce performance and it's something that can be fixed by changing settings or whatever, I'm fine with that. Also, please reccomend some alternative RAM (right around $100, please) if you think that I will have too big of a problem with the corsair RAM.

I think it just comes down to the specific version of the ram, and what chips they use. Im running some corsair XMS version 1.5, which is BH5-UTT. It runs pretty well and I havent had any problems.

Get the version number if you can before buying some, if other people have problems with that version, try some more.

Hiya, Yeh I'm using what's in my sig the past two months and the only issue is that I can't get them past 240MHz. Other than that no problems. If Iwas getting 2*512Mb of Corsair today I'd make sure and get these

Do you think that the reason you can't get them further is because of the motherboard/RAM combo or just the fact that you've reached the limit of the RAM?

I think I'm going to go with the RAM. I trust corsair and it has excellent reviews on newegg :P

Also, looking further in the review on newegg there were a couple people who didnt report any problems and had lanparty boards.

btw, thanks for the replies everyone!

Do you think that the reason you can't get them further is because of the motherboard/RAM combo or just the fact that you've reached the limit of the RAM?

It's the limit of this Promos

No particular reason, other the fact that I have had good experiences with Corsair. It's also on sale and is currently a little cheaper than comparable RAM from other brands :P

I'm running my XMS Corsair at 280 and it's fine, i haven't had any problems with it since i first built this PC and in the initial build i used it.It booted fine and has never looked back

I got a TwinX 2x512 XMS3200 (as in sig), but one of the modules was defected, currently in RMA status....

for a week i worked on one module (SDR), and i OC'd the system to 220 HTT bus and everything was stable, at 225 HTT with everything else on default (voltages) system hanged...