Sign in to follow this  
virtual81

onboard sound stutter

thanks i have just had this happen to me and this resolved my issue, closed Hmonitor program and stutter gone, dont have onboard sound so that cant be the problem.

My problem was similar, only static was the problem, and it was not speedfan related. I installed an old sound card, as the problem was never resolved.

Good to see you got yours fixed, anyone got a fix for bad static on the Karajan?

I have this issue as well, complete system lock up with sound stuttering. However, I am not running SpeedFan, but MBM5. If it means anything, SMART is disabled in BIOS. I'm at work right now, but I just wanted to throw this out there so I have something to experiment with when I get home. Any ideas?

Wow... I've been putting up with this problem for MONTHS. I had tried everything I could think of like the original poster and had pretty much given up on solving it. And it was one of those problems that wasn't quiet bad enough to justify spending money on a new sound card. I had searched the forums before, but had never found this solution, but today it finally annoyed me enough to search again.

In short SpeedFAN monitoring my HD temps was causing the stutter! Just disabled the monitoring and all is nice and silky smooth again.

Anyone know if there are work arounds to fix the problem without completely disabling hard drive temp monitoring?

Guest hashpipe

Thanks a million!

Been struggling with this for a looong time. Should have known better then google for it, should just have gone straight here to DIY!

I turned of smart in bios, an its smooth.

Strangely though, MBM5 can still monitor my hd temps.

But Im not complaining...:)