Cannot Power Up anything!

Hi, Im new to these forums since yesterday since my new hardware arrived (dfi ultra-d, opteron 146 and X1800XT)

I have connected and tried almost everything to get the board working and powering all fans etc but its just not having it. So far all im seeing is the standby light and the DRAM light, I press the power button and no fans or the power supply start up.

Please see this thread for specific information and pictures

thanks

geeza

http://www.50klicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6898

yes -

the 20pin connection and 4pin adapter is locked in

the 4 pin connection next to it is in

the floppy 4hole connection is in which is then linked to the molex

im sure my pics look the same as the ones on here -

heres mine-

IMG_1672.jpg

IMG_1673.jpg

IMG_1674.jpg

IMG_1675.jpg

IMG_1676.jpg

IMG_1677.jpg

Have you tried another power supply

1) have you tried with all drives unplugged to see if the reduced power draw helps.

2) Try outside case to eliminate possibilty of any shorts.

3) there may be a chance this is your issue Antec startup timing/settling of the PWR_GOOD and PWR_ON problems

I havent tried another power supply but i will check my old NF7S motherboard still works with it tonight.

I have tried outside the case

It sounds like his fans spinup/move a little when he presses the button. If the power supply works with my old mother board but not this one what am i suppose to do? send the motherboard back or the case and psu??? god dammit how come nothing ever goes to plan?

from your first picture it looks like your "F-block" connections arent plugged in. I.E. your power button, reset button, power light, etc. the ones on the bottom right of the board

im using the ez buttons that are for 'DIY' users, or should i say users with problems, like myself

Hello geeza :nod:

It sounds like his fans spinup/move a little when he presses the button.
As I said in the other place that sounds a lot like a dead PSU as my borked PSU did the same.

Try the PSU with another mobo to rule that out.

Hello geeza :nod:

As I said in the other place that sounds a lot like a dead PSU as my borked PSU did the same.

Try the PSU with another mobo to rule that out.

hi,

as i said before 'my antec sonata 2 case/450 smartpower psu is less that 3 months old and everything worked fine in it before. Im going to try my NF7 in there later on, ill just connect the board without cpu/fans or anything'