Any answers for this?

Tried the memory tests and as expected, no errors / problems are reported. So, again I ask, what could cause it to not be able to run CPC enabled when it had done so stably for so long? I do not need to do anymore tests as I have been doing them for months with the same results!!

I the meantime, I am going to play a bit with the DRAM settings to get a bunch of them off the AUTO settings .

Also, I have done a search of settings for my board and come up with a few things but is there anyone running the same ram/cpu combo that could share their settings with me (didn't find any definative settings for my sticks in the stock settings section)?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure it is just like the last thread!!! What did you expect? Here is your thread title.

NF4 Ultra-D - Any answers for this?

Nope no answers! So how they going to keep writing? Why would they keep writing? They are not going to keep writing or banging their heads because you are>>

This is what's making me crazy at the moment (ya ya...so I'm a little obsessive...).

I have some of that memory. Where do I have it? In the box it came in. It is up down all over the place and compared to anything else I have to use it is a pain in the b utt. Rma the stuff. Put it in a box and get something else. Or just keep obsessing on that which is like a lot of electronic situations; in that, "why" has no answer outside lab conditions.

Does nobody have a theory / explaination?
Oh yes forgot this one. You ran it at 2.6volts fine and then upped the voltage to 2.8Volts and injured the memory. End of possible explanations. Obsessing now over for me.

RGone...

Just like the last thread, replies have stopped comming in.

Does nobody have a theory / explaination?

Has anyone experienced this at all?

Thanks for the answer.

However, you can take your attitude and stuff it. I have been nothing but patient and kind to everyone who has tried to help with my problem. I certainly do not appreciate being talked down to, especially by a DFI rep. I will continue to ask/post/bump UNTIL I AM SATISFIED that an issue has been resolved.

Sorry if I am being too sensitive, but I will not put up with this kind of crap from ANYONE.

Hear Hear. I agree with you. Shame on you RGone who is suposed to be a Super Moderator.

But I still think it is a bit silly for uping the volts to 2.8 lol It usely says on the ram model the Volts its ment to run at dude. BANG lol.

I also think that you should still try our russion way and kik it and then put a hammer to it and then ice hokky it. lol

Sorry this is not helping, but im in hasterics here lol pmsl.

Tell us from the very beginning what is wrong, iv not been reading this and i cant be botherd to go back a page.

Tell me the Spec of your system to the smallest detale. Tell me whats woing and what did you put in the pc befor you had this issue.

If it is a hardware issue then your best bet is to http://www.eurosoft-uk.com and ask very nicly to gary or simon for a Demo of Pc-Check ok. Also if you like it, we would love you to buy it :D

Thanks for the reply Novartic.

You may think it's crazy but the ram voltage is supposed to be 2.8v.

I will be replacing this ram with "OCZ EL DDR PC-4000 Gold GX XTC 2GB Dual Channel" as I have found an excellent price for it here in town. I will be eBaying the ballistix later on (they still work fine, just not at 1T).

I also do not believe that this has anything to do with the mb and even though I've had my fair (or unfair?) share of problems, I love this mboard for the sheer number of options it has (not to mention that it is forcing me to learn my .).

Therefore, I have decided to let this issue drop.

A big thanks to all who replied!

Two comments ... you probably won't like either of them ... :)

1) I have read some posts about Hiper PSUs being flaky at times ... if you have an extra PSU from "Angry's Approved PSU list", I would try one of those.

2) I personally hate USB mice and keyboards so I always use the old-fashioned, but works everytime, PS-2 connectors. If you have some old stuff laying around, try that.

I have the 2x512M Ballistix in my FX-55 rig but on an Asus Deluxe motherboard and it runs 1T just fine there.

Hope this helps ... :)

Thanks for the reply Chynn.

I have tested the power supply with my dmm and it is fine.

I did think about replacing my usb kb with a ps2 one but not the mouse (just got a Logitech G5...must update sig...done). I'll try running with a spare ps2 kb I have lying around.

Just out of curiosity, have you ever tried running your ballistix on your dfi rig?