Sign in to follow this  
digger

Fluorinert

Hi I'm looking into building a fully Immersed system using Fluorinert in a tank mounted inside a chest freezer. Biggest problem is this stuff can't be sourced in Australia as far as I know and I'm wondering if you fellas in the states have any idea as to who sells it in the US.

Any help appreciated Thanks ;)

We might have a can laying around here somewhere but it's pretty old. I'll see if there is a label on the can. We used it for high volatge power supply over 20,000 volts to prevent arcing before the supply was potted in a non conductive silicone material.

Dont foregt this stuff evaporates and that you will need to cool the florinet. I think you also need a licence to buy it legaly but I could be wrong there. I would just get phase change f you want the best or possibily chilled waterdcooling.

Couldn't find the stuff here at work but I see someone else found it for you. It does evaporate and pretty quickly. Don't know about the license but I wouldn't doubt it.

OK fellas thanks for input. Prolly need license for it here in oz too. Had'nt considered that. Don't like the sound of high evap rates either as the stuffs very expensive.

Sign in to follow this