SLI-DR Expert with SLI causes Game Crashes

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pain in da arse problem... i found my random crashes were down to v1.1 of my memory.. v1.2 is perfect.. now im trying to sell this corsair and going to buy OCz GX XTC 2x1gb.. top stuff lets hope i dont have any problems

Thoughts on the new Nvidia Drivers Solving our toubles anyone tested those drivers with the 12/7 bios?.....I am doubtful that it will be the solution but really who knows at this point considering no solution has really presented itself other than using the stock bios..

I wanted to bump this thread because I am considering purchasing another card for SLI and would be upset if this motherboard causes issues, especially since I spent 3 days straight getting the CPU and memory stable with this 12.07 bios.

Does this happen for all that use SLI or is it a limited problem perhaps from using too weak a psu or undervolting from adding the second card? 12 pages of this doesn't get my hopes up too high, especially when the mods on the forum give out incorrect information so often.

Everything works perfectly after downgrading to the 11/02 bios.

I was also dealing with an inadequate power supply problem (OCZ 600w SLI did not cut it) that was causing my system to power off during game play. I upgraded to a KW PSU and I no longer have the shutdowns. Since the PSU upgrade I have heard that most SLI rated PSU's cannot handle 7800 GTX 512's (OC's ?) on the SLI power rail. If you attach one of the 7800's to a cable on another rail is solves the problem (provided that rail is not in use).

Don't all SLI psu's have two seperate rails dedicated to PCI? I know my Antec 550W has.

Hmm after reading this thread the best thing to do would be to RMA this motherboard and get an Asus if I want stability as well as best OC using SLI? Such a disappointment. Why hasn't DFI addressed the issue or has offered a solution besides using an old bios on their flagship products?

I have the 12/7 BIOS installed with a couple 7900 EVGA GTX's. I was playing counter strike earlier tonight and experienced all kinds of stuttering. My framerate on average was around 130fps, but sometimes would jump to 200+ sometimes down to ~25. But the whole time it was stuttering. Even if I 'stood still' I could see 'graphic anamolies'. I think Im gonna try a different bios as I have changed every possible setting imaginable in the nvidia control panel. :shake:

I have the 12/7 BIOS installed with a couple 7900 EVGA GTX's. I was playing counter strike earlier tonight and experienced all kinds of stuttering. My framerate on average was around 130fps, but sometimes would jump to 200+ sometimes down to ~25. But the whole time it was stuttering. Even if I 'stood still' I could see 'graphic anamolies'. I think Im gonna try a different bios as I have changed every possible setting imaginable in the nvidia control panel. :shake:

Sounds more like you need to install the AMD Dual Core driver which does alleviate stuttering issues

Wow, that was a quick response. Thank you!

I have the AMD dual core patch installed as well as the MS dual core hotfix. Then I ran the .reg file that I found in the forums here. And verified that my boot.ini reflects the change. I have the newest WHQL drivers for my video cards installed as well. I made sure to have the profile in the nvidia control panle set to counter strike. THis is a fresh install of WinXP32. I dont know if I should maybe pull one of the cards out and retest... maybe its the game itself? Maybe its the bios? Maybe Im just gettin old I dont know lol.

At least so far, I am ... :) The rig has been up for about a week now.

Only been playing WoW and EQ2 for the second day (4hrs on WoW; 8hrs on EQ2) with the new graphics drivers, but no problems so far. In fact, the one minor glitch I had with EQ2 (viewing the intro movie full screen) disappeared after I installed the newest WHQL set.

I would suggest reading the 84.21 Release Notes though, as I found some interesting information there, although little of it applied to anything I do or any game I play but there is stuff in there for the COD2, F.E.A.R, Unreal, Half-Life, etc., players.

And I would strongly suggest everyone participating in this topic add their boards' revision levels to their signatures. We might see a pattern develop there.

Hope this helps ...