SLI-DR Expert with SLI causes Game Crashes

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get this guys. I upgraded to the Expert board from the LP NF4 SLI-D. I didnt reinstall windows, however, I had to reinstall the X-Fi drivers, (different IRQ I guess). It came with the 11/2 bios, scared to update to the december ones. Under my water, running 250X12. No problems yet!!!

Finally got my rig stable !

Played hours of Quake 4 yesterday...Used to hang within 20-30 minutes. What I did was that I reverted to the 11/02 BIOS and purchased a FSP Epsilon 700W PSU(had a Silverstone Strider 600W).

To early to claim a win but I'll keep you posted, when I remember the machine was stable before and I never made the connection it could be the BIOS upgrade.

That december bios is bad. Stay with the 11/02. I flashed to the Dec bios and there was no freakin way i could get SLI to work. I flashed back and walla. It works fine.

I am hoping the since DFI has introduced an exact replica (Venus,except for the Alu caps) That maybe that bios would work. I know its a longshot but i can dream cant i? lol

Finally got my rig stable !

Played hours of Quake 4 yesterday...Used to hang within 20-30 minutes. What I did was that I reverted to the 11/02 BIOS and purchased a FSP Epsilon 700W PSU(had a Silverstone Strider 600W).

To early to claim a win but I'll keep you posted, when I remember the machine was stable before and I never made the connection it could be the BIOS upgrade.

See FSP makes bad butt PSU's :)

I love my trusty little Epsilon 600w, lots of cables I dont use though lol.

See FSP makes bad butt PSU's :)

I love my trusty little Epsilon 600w, lots of cables I dont use though lol.

I really like the FSP PSU, small, neat and silent.

My screen out of sync problem is gone now but I've had a couple of reboots. Before I make any conclusion I'll perform some more test(could be driver related since I'm using some beta drivers).

Hi guys...I resolve the problem in this mode...I enter the bios and in the bios genie i check the real voltage of the chipset cpu and ltd....(are in grey).I notice that the volt was less than default specs...I have amd fx60 core toledo and the volt displayed was 1.30...I set 1.60...ltd was 1.22..i set 1.30...ram was 1.80...set to 1.75....chipset was 1.52...set 1.68...Now my system is stable and never crashed.

Hi all,

Short note to let you all know my Expert board is up and running ... finally ... and on the 12/07 BIOS too.

Of course, one of the first things I had to do was run 3DMark05 ... and it worked. I shall run the other two 3DMarks also ... as soon as I get the chance ... :)

No crashes, no glitches, just pure power (12,191) from the board, CPU, and the cards.

Only thing I can think of is my memory is better, or that I installed the AMD CPU driver and the Microsoft hotfix BEFORE I installed the nVidia motherboard drivers.

I used the 6.70 RAID and motherboard drivers. I installed the SW-IDE (PATA) driver but did not install the Audio driver. No problems reading or copying large files from my CD-ROM to the RAID array or to a backup drive on the Secondary IDE controller.

FYI, been playing WoW and EQ2 also. No problems with either game. Had to change a couple of the nVidia Ethernet port settings for WoW, but no problems at all.

All settings are stock, and almost every onboard device has been disabled in the BIOS, so on the off chance it's a motherboard thing, I put my board's revison level in my sig ...

Hope this helps ...

Hi all,

Short note to let you all know my Expert board is up and running ... finally ... and on the 12/07 BIOS too.

Of course, one of the first things I had to do was run 3DMark05 ... and it worked. I shall run the other two 3DMarks also ... as soon as I get the chance ... :)

No crashes, no glitches, just pure power (12,191) from the board, CPU, and the cards.

Only thing I can think of is my memory is better, or that I installed the AMD CPU driver and the Microsoft hotfix BEFORE I installed the nVidia motherboard drivers.

I used the 6.70 RAID and motherboard drivers. I installed the SW-IDE (PATA) driver but did not install the Audio driver. No problems reading or copying large files from my CD-ROM to the RAID array or to a backup drive on the Secondary IDE controller.

FYI, been playing WoW and EQ2 also. No problems with either game. Had to change a couple of the nVidia Ethernet port settings for WoW, but no problems at all.

All settings are stock, and almost every onboard device has been disabled in the BIOS, so on the off chance it's a motherboard thing, I put my board's revison level in my sig ...

Hope this helps ...

Yeah you are one of the lucky ones, for some reason not everyone has the crashing, monitor out of frequency problem.But enough of us did that there is some problem with the 12/07 bios so just keep an eye out.

Update: Flashed to the 11/02 BIOS about 10 days ago. Since then I have had no crashes or monitor out of frequency behaviour at all. Although the jury is still out on whether it has completely fixed the problems I was experiencing, my rig appears to run better and SLI has no problems now.

@chynn

My problems were very infrequent - sometimes I could go for a week with no crashes or monitor out of frequency behaviour so I'd have to agree with Muppet - keep an eye out for any of these problems and if they occur immediately flash to the 11/02 BIOS. BTW these problems only happened for me while playing COD2, HL2, Lost Coast, or BF2.