SLI-DR Expert with SLI causes Game Crashes

Anyone know if there is a way to print out bios settings? Then it would be so simple to pinpoint the change that made all this crap start. Would also make swapping bios settings with others easier as well.

Id go so far as to dream of the day when you hit "dump file" in bios, and it sends a copy of your bios settings right to a windows directory for quick referance. Guess i should have put this in t-mods thread, but seeing how this thread was mainly about a corrupt bios, i figured it to be on topic.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it looks as if I am plagued with the same issue. After being a long time (almost 10 years) ASUS customer I decided to try a DFI board on a friends reccomendation. The install and burn-in process went smooth as silk. However after a week of burn-in I decided to start playing some games. BF2 boots up fine but after about 30 seconds of being in the game my system freezes. 3DMark06 runs for about 1-1.5 minutes and freezes as well.

My MB came with the 11/02 BIOS on it so I have not messed with it. Nvidia drivers were 81.98 from Nvidia's website. Ran my cards in SLI, system locked playing games. Tried NGO optimized drivers, system locked playing games. Removed drivers and one card disabling SLI, system still locks playing games.

Can anyone please offer any assistance, I am at my wits end. Thanks so much!

I have an FX 60 on 11/2 now. It does not show all the CPU info but i runs. I got it OC'd to around 2.8. My 3dmark06 I just ran came out at 6697. CPU score 2151. I am going to go grab the hotfix and AMD fix now, then get to 3ghz.

I just threw mine together and let it rip... either I got lucky or all the bios tweaking I did before i ever installed windows helped. I am stricly against Auto settings, so where I can I put in my choice of value. Its a control issue I have lol.

As for the FX-60 the only thing you get with the 12/07 bios (that I'm aware of) is a line in the bios that says FX-60 instead of Unkown AMD (or whatever it says). Thats about it, sad aint it?

On another note.... I hate you all who can get to 3Ghz, my venice just won't have it :confused: Anyone want to come beat on it a bit maybe get it to loosen up? ;)

DarthBeavis and Superfly, thanks for the 11/02 BIOS info ... I have made a BIOS flash disk, just in case ... :)

Superfly, could I ask you to direct me to the BIOS screens you used to setup your Expert board, please?

I know the memory settings will differ, but I would appreciate guidance to the other settings. I left many of them alone because I don't know exactly what they do.

Thanks ... :)

Looks like I was able to stabilize my system finally. I haven't tried BF2 yet but I am on my second run of 3DMark06 and everything is running great. No more lock-ups (crosses fingers).

I happend to notice that when my system booted my DDR500 RAM was only registering as DDR322. After doing some reading I found out I had plugged my RAM into Slots 1 and 2. And that I should be running them in slots 2 and 4 (orange slots). I did that and bam everything seems to work fine. I hope this helps some other people out.

I will keep everyone posted. Thanks!

Looks like I was able to stabilize my system finally. I haven't tried BF2 yet but I am on my second run of 3DMark06 and everything is running great. No more lock-ups (crosses fingers).

I happend to notice that when my system booted my DDR500 RAM was only registering as DDR322. After doing some reading I found out I had plugged my RAM into Slots 1 and 2. And that I should be running them in slots 2 and 4 (orange slots). I did that and bam everything seems to work fine. I hope this helps some other people out.

I will keep everyone posted. Thanks!

I have the same problem as you have(and same PSU) - i think this could be of help.

DarthBeavis and Superfly, thanks for the 11/02 BIOS info ... I have made a BIOS flash disk, just in case ... :)

Superfly, could I ask you to direct me to the BIOS screens you used to setup your Expert board, please?

I know the memory settings will differ, but I would appreciate guidance to the other settings. I left many of them alone because I don't know exactly what they do.

Thanks ... :)

Well I advise first before you change any setting off Auto that you know what the setting is doing, some of the Expert settings can be very tempermental with regards to stability.

I mainly went through the First two Bios categories and just turned off all unnecessary features like RAID, Onboard Audio, and all the IDE channels that I wasn't using.

As for the RAM, its in Genie Settings, then find the first option inside the Genie Settings section and hit enter. RAM is possibly the most complicated part of the whole setup. I used CPU-Z to determine what my Timings should be (read them of the SPD bc i forgot what they were on the package lol). Then I read the A64 overclocking guide to understand what each option did and then i just started trial and error. Beware there were alot of errors, lots of reezing, 2 corrupt windows installs (my OC was insane for a little bit hehe). the trick is as long as you don't apply too much voltage its damned near impossible (but not impossible) to fry your hardware, it will just lock up b4 it dies.