SLI-DR Expert with SLI causes Game Crashes

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am also having this problem with 1 GPU!

the games hang in random places and sound loops only way to get out is reset. i also cant get through 3dmark06, my ram is at stock from ocz and so is everything else!

Please any ideas?

You're getting this problem with only one video card? Odd. Have you run Memtest86 and dual Prime95's to check for non-3D stability? And have you installed the AMD Dual Core patch and the Microsoft Dual Core hotfix? I would guess that your problem is being caused by something other than what is causing our problem since we all have no problem with a single card (Right?).

Thing is i just installed the hotfix and it still crashes at random spots in 3dmark06, i have used the stock settings for my ram from ocz exactly as they sed and i havnt touched my cpu or nothing!

am gona try another mem test over night and then prime but i ran prime 4 hours and no error was found. surely at stock this shouldnt be happening?

have you experimented with different forceware?

Yes, I've personally experimented with 81.95, 81.98 and 82.12 (beta) drivers. I haven't gone older than that so far but considering that none of the ones I have tried have made a difference, I'm not very optimistic about even older ones fixing this problem. Not sure if anyone else has experimented with older Forceware drivers.

Thing is i just installed the hotfix and it still crashes at random spots in 3dmark06, i have used the stock settings for my ram from ocz exactly as they sed and i havnt touched my cpu or nothing!

am gona try another mem test over night and then prime but i ran prime 4 hours and no error was found. surely at stock this shouldnt be happening?

Run two instances of Prime95, one for each core, for at least 8-12 hours to check CPU and RAM stability. The thread for setting up dual Prime95 tests can be found here: http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16446

Hi,

My expert will be arriving this week. I have 2x6800GS to test with. The first thing that struck me upon reading the online spects was Magnetically levitated chipset fan.

Could this be a possible cause of EMI and as a consequence, crashing?

I have had the same problem with SLI. Tested 2 boards with different bios, both give me random out of sync. Just got a K8N diamond plus to replace the DFI-expert and the issue gone.

Spec as follow:

AMD FX-60 & 4800+

Samsung UCCC 1Gx2

2 Leadtek 7800GTX 512M / 1 Leadtek 7800GTX 512M + 1 Asus 7800GTX 512M (both flashed to XFX xXx bios)

Enermax Noisetaker 600W

Creative X-fi Fatality

2x80G Hitachi SataII Raid 0

Ok i know wrong mobo, but were cousins, hehe. I was experiencing same issue, but i think (crosses fingers) i have it beat. Put a fan on your ram, and see if that clears it up. At this point i have only installed the amd dual core driver. No hot fixes or patches have i applied. Did this last time, and was happy with the results, but was locking alot more. Knock on wood, last 2 nights of gaming have been smooth since i directed that fan on ram.

I noticed from the list of people having problems running games that the one variable most have in common is the same 12/07 bios. Just thought I would add my two cents.

Yes that is true, i flashed back to the 11/02 and after 3 days now it's still stable, not one crash.The only problem is why isn't everyone with the 12/07 bios gettings crashes.

Yes that is true, i flashed back to the 11/02 and after 3 days now it's still stable, not one crash.The only problem is why isn't everyone with the 12/07 bios gettings crashes.

Ufff... I thought U've burned Ur CPU :D But U write so U haven't :P

I think that more people should try to flash back to 11/02.

Maybe that's the way??