SLI-DR Expert with SLI causes Game Crashes

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is one of the fixes we tried removing the creative sound cards, but htat didn't fix it.Some people where using onboard sound and still getting the crashes.

The strange thing is not everyone experiances this problem running SLI,which is a little confusing, so hopefully you'll be lucky and not get it

i'm not going to assume the old audigy compares remotely to the new products but with my old settup it was mainly the drivers...once installed on a system they changed some system files and simply uninstalling the card and the driver wouldnt fix it or keep the system from acting up, it required a windows reinstall. and trust me i went through it a few times trying to figure out exactly which "part" of their driver settup was the culprit. used to be there was 50 (exaggerated alittle) driver updates you had to go through to get the card even appearing to be working correctly...then, wat they did was roll all the updates up into the "latest" driver release wich really compounded the problem ha...imo, creatives' drivers are the evil spawn from hell which i avoid at all costs hehehe :cool:

..ive had sli going for 2 days now wit narry a glitch..still got my fingers crossed tho.

I wish it did something for sli, but alas, it did not. I installed it 2 days ago, and had multiple crashes in FEAR and COD2. For the 2 weeks that I had the 11/2 in there, I only had one lock up--and I don't think it was related to the issues at hand. Oh well, back to 11/2. By the way, for anyone that was trying to get on dfi's website over the last day or two, it is now back up, at least for the moment.

Hmm well I seem to still be getting freezing with the 11/2 bios

It's strange. So far I have only encountered it in oblivion (the only game I've really played since going SLI) and it seems to happen at one particular area when it autosaves.

What happens is the game freezes, the sound loops and either it stays like that or it quickly flashes a blue screen saying IRQ_less_or_equal_ then reboots. Nothing shows in the event viewer either

Spoke too soon. It's still happening

It always seems to happen when entering a door. The screen goes black and the sound loops. Then I have to manually restart.

This is using the 11/02 bios BTW.

I can pass 18+ hours in SP2004 custom tests so I don't think it's memory or the CPU.

What would cause it to crash when entering doors? It loads the area and auto saves at the same time. I thought maybe HD but Chkdisk works ok, no issues detected with SMART. I uninstalled the Nvidia IDE drivers etc.

Do you think it's possible the PSU could be causing the issue for all of us? If you look at SLI zone they have changed many of the PSU originally specified as being SLI compatible.

Does anyone have any ideas what it could be? It it were only to crash on these certain parts in Oblivion (when entering doors) could it be the PSU or is the motherboard to blame?

hey all, been checkin this thread alot, only now decided to post:) muppets way worked great for me, a week of oblivion and black and white 2 and stable, think 11/02 works for most.

Also i remember another comp in the house had the "IRQ_less_or_equal_" error but after a while of screwing round it was found the ram voltage needed to be upped to ~3.2