SLI-DR Expert with SLI causes Game Crashes

Hello, all,

Just a short post to let you all know my rig is still running just fine on the 12/07 BIOS.

I can run all three 3DMarks (03, 05, 06) whenever I want to.

I can play WoW, EQ2, and Eve-Online whenever I want to and for as long as I want to.

I know it's only been a couple of weeks since my last post, and I'm certainly not trying to bust anyone's ???? over the BIOS issue, I'm just keeping everyone up to date with my rig's status.

FYI, I'm not running anything overclocked. I am running the 84.21 nVidia graphics drivers now because they fix a problem with one of my games.

Hope this helps ... :)

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was having the same various problems posted above. Prime95 would run stable for days but any Direct3D App would hang, giving me a black screen, and my monitor would report either "no signal" or "out of range"

I tried everything I could think of, lower resolutions, unistalling anti-virus, firewalls and anti-spyware, disabling all startup programs and services etc and nothing worked... Until I uninstalled the 84.21 drivers and reinstalled the 81.98 drivers.

Now, no problems whatsoever. Running perfectly stable.

I think that there is an issue with the 84.21 drivers and SLI...

I was having the same various problems posted above. Prime95 would run stable for days but any Direct3D App would hang, giving me a black screen, and my monitor would report either "no signal" or "out of range"

I tried everything I could think of, lower resolutions, unistalling anti-virus, firewalls and anti-spyware, disabling all startup programs and services etc and nothing worked... Until I uninstalled the 84.21 drivers and reinstalled the 81.98 drivers.

Now, no problems whatsoever. Running perfectly stable.

I think that there is an issue with the 84.21 drivers and SLI...

You'll find out it's not a driver problem, i tried many different variations with no joy.It is definitely related to the 12/7 bios the only real way at this stage to fix it is to flash back to the 11/2 bios i'm afraid

So what your saying is that there are incompatibility issues with the 12/07 BIOS and the 84.21 drivers, or just incompatibility issues generally with forceware drivers?

I have had no problems since reverting back to the 81.98 drivers, no crashes or lock-ups, and until I do I might just stick to my current setup...

i will b getting a second card any minuet now from ups so ive been following this thread. i hope i have no issues with sli. this whole problem looks like a few diffrent problems from diffrent settups leading to the same result. part bios, part driver, part system settings, part hardware...alot of people ive noticed use creative products..just an observation and a bell ringing in my head remembering a creative soundblaster audigy platinum card that would send my old rig into lockups and soundloops playing some games. and i also recalled what cr@p creative is...hardware or drivers either one...i developed an extreme dislike of their products after the audigy experience.just a thought...just my 2 cents :) lets see how my system does first...

Well, I took the plunge and went from the 11/2 to the new 3/29 beta. Well over an hour of FEAR at 16x12 with everything except soft shadows and no problems. I know that there was no official response to the sli issues with the release of this beta, but maybe there were some tweaks done in the hopes that this bios will help with the 12/7 sli issue.

btw, I know an hour isn't very long, but FEAR used to cause lockups pretty quickly with the 12/7. Only had one incident with gaming and 11/2 bios. I hope this beta helps!!

So what your saying is that there are incompatibility issues with the 12/07 BIOS and the 84.21 drivers, or just incompatibility issues generally with forceware drivers?

I have had no problems since reverting back to the 81.98 drivers, no crashes or lock-ups, and until I do I might just stick to my current setup...

There is no problem with the forceware drivers.The specific problem of the computer hard locking anywhere between 2 minutes and 2 hours, with sound looping and a mesage coming up on your Monitor saying it is out of frequency range and nothing but a reboot fixing it, is related to the 12/07 bios.

Believe you me i was one of the first people with this problem and i spent around 4 weeks sorting it out trying numerous things.The only way to fix it at this stage is to revert back to the 11/02 bios.

You maybe experiancing a different problem not related to this.Changing to earlier drivers will not fix it, some things did improve the situation but only temporarily.

i will b getting a second card any minuet now from ups so ive been following this thread. i hope i have no issues with sli. this whole problem looks like a few diffrent problems from diffrent settups leading to the same result. part bios, part driver, part system settings, part hardware...alot of people ive noticed use creative products..just an observation and a bell ringing in my head remembering a creative soundblaster audigy platinum card that would send my old rig into lockups and soundloops playing some games. and i also recalled what cr@p creative is...hardware or drivers either one...i developed an extreme dislike of their products after the audigy experience.just a thought...just my 2 cents :) lets see how my system does first...

That is one of the fixes we tried removing the creative sound cards, but htat didn't fix it.Some people where using onboard sound and still getting the crashes.

The strange thing is not everyone experiances this problem running SLI,which is a little confusing, so hopefully you'll be lucky and not get it

Well, I took the plunge and went from the 11/2 to the new 3/29 beta. Well over an hour of FEAR at 16x12 with everything except soft shadows and no problems. I know that there was no official response to the sli issues with the release of this beta, but maybe there were some tweaks done in the hopes that this bios will help with the 12/7 sli issue.

btw, I know an hour isn't very long, but FEAR used to cause lockups pretty quickly with the 12/7. Only had one incident with gaming and 11/2 bios. I hope this beta helps!!

I may have to try this new bios, maybe it's the new bios fix we have all been waiting for

Muppet - the new BIOS doesn't fix the problem. I tried it and FEAR and HL2 still crash. I took your advice and went with the 11/02 BIOS and the 84.21 forceware drivers and now (finally) it is rock solid

Muppet - the new BIOS doesn't fix the problem. I tried it and FEAR and HL2 still crash. I took your advice and went with the 11/02 BIOS and the 84.21 forceware drivers and now (finally) it is rock solid

Bugger oh well we will just have to keep on using the 11/02 then, thanks for posting and saving me the time in flashing the bios :)