Sign in to follow this  
MenionLeah

SLI-DR Expert with SLI causes Game Crashes

I don't know if this will add to the problem. I was playing BF2 and had the same problem. Shut down to releive some of my fustration, and came back 2 hours later and started up the machine. On boot, I got the Nvidia bubble that said it required the SLI bridge in order to run SLI, which I clearly had! Perhaps the board is disabling the bridge? I'm going to try next bios after 11/02 and see what happens. THIS IS UTTER BULLCRAP!

I also had issues with SLI, never could get 3dmark06 to make it without it restarting. I just gave up and run one VPU now. Hope we can GET HER DONE.

By the way, thanks in advance to all working this issue.

Guest Zeni

I've had these same exact issues myself for quite a while now, I only really play World of Warcraft frequently so that would be the biggest experience with the lockups...

The odd thing is my system setup ( as seen below ) I don't have SLI so I'm not sure what the common denominator is aside from DFI... I've tested with different RAM, RMA'd my Video card when I thought that was the cause, tested with every iteration of the nForce drivers I could I get my hands on, every catalyst driver from 4.9 up as well... formatted 3 times, messed with overclocks and stock settings, etc...

They ( the company I bought the parts from ) suggested it may be a faulty PCIe slot on the board and that a replacement might fix the issues, so I RMA'd the motherboard and got the replacement today and all seemed to be well for the first few hours... but the issue has persisted... black screen, sound looping and no response from the PC which has required a hard reset each and every time...

I'm at my wits end here, there seems to be no real cause for these problems that I can see, and it doesn't seem like there's any chance of getting different components from my supplier, so I'd really, REALLY, appreciate any and all help/suggestions that you could provide...

I also had issues with SLI, never could get 3dmark06 to make it without it restarting. I just gave up and run one VPU now. Hope we can GET HER DONE.

Your problem sounds more like an overloaded PSU.Did you try running SLI without you system overclocked

When i flash the bios with winflash i check UPDATE ALL....I resolve the problem of out of signal...freeze...crash...I had 12/7 before...now i have 11/02.All ok

When i flash the bios with winflash i check UPDATE ALL....I resolve the problem of out of signal...freeze...crash...I had 12/7 before...now i have 11/02.All ok

So I did this as well, made sure to UPDATE ALL with the 11/02 BIOS and so far so good. It usually crashed randomly in BF2, but would crash quickly in FEAR. I played 5 hours of FEAR and a few hours of BF2 with out a problem. So I'll keep going and then report back after a few days.

Joe, I had the PSU you have and it caused loads of reboots...After changeing to a PSU on Nvidias supported list problems did go away.

I use a FSP Epsilon 700W and SLI works perfect! I can play for hours without reboots and hangs.

And the BIOS version you use caused Out of sync errors with looping sound on my box, backing to 11/02 BIOS solved that problem.

I've had my SLI setup about 2 1/2 days now and just experienced this issue. It's odd because I have played oblivion the past 2 days for hours on end and never once had an issue. I will try flashing to the older bios now

Also when you flash bios make sure to jot down all your settings. I made my settings stable with the newer bios and saved to cmos reloaded, when I tried reloading them onto the older bios it absolutely would not post, had to clear cmos (first time I've had to do that even with testing crazy OC's)

Over three weeks since I flashed to the 11/02 BIOS and no crashes to date. I haven't put in a terribly large amount of time playing but I have got in a few 6+ hour clumps of Dungeons and Dragons Online, plus some Day of Defeat: Source and recently some Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. I did encounter one graphical glitch in Oblivion but it didn't crash my computer, and was fixed upon restarting the game so I'm going to assume it is unrelated and blame it on the game since there have been a lot of reports of general bugginess about this game.

Took almost a month to get this build working perfectly from when I first put it together but since that I've been as happy as a pig in mud (except for the herniated disc in my spine which makes it too painful to sit at my computer for long periods of time which is why I haven't been putting in 40+ hours of gaming/week).