Sign in to follow this  
MenionLeah

SLI-DR Expert with SLI causes Game Crashes

Hmm after reading this thread the best thing to do would be to RMA this motherboard and get an Asus if I want stability as well as best OC using SLI? Such a disappointment. Why hasn't DFI addressed the issue or has offered a solution besides using an old bios on their flagship products?

The Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe motherboard has its own configuration issues ... see the topic in the www.hardwareanalysis.com forums.

I can't speak of the Premium, other than it's tested slower than the Deluxe, or the A8N32 motherboard, other than I don't like running SLI out of a northbridge + southbridge configuration. Looks too much like a kludge to me ... :)

It's too bad I can't run nVidia cards in SLI mode on the R3200 ATI motherboard chip ... but the fact that ATI is doing it means that nVidia won't be far behind.

Hope this helps ...

I realize that we in this forum here are "better than your average builder" when it comes to making our own PCs so I am not trying to insult any poster in this forum, but you all might, just might, want to check some of my other posts in the NF4 topics where I listed how I built my PC. It might, just might, trigger your memory about something you did, or did not do, when you built your PCs.

I'm not trying to blow my own horn nor am I inferring anything negative about your abilities or knowledge, I'm just trying to help everyone here. I know I did similar searches for some of the other posters here and their comments helped me when I built my PC.

Hope this helps ...

The Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe motherboard has its own configuration issues ... see the topic in the www.hardwareanalysis.com forums.

I can't speak of the Premium, other than it's tested slower than the Deluxe, or the A8N32 motherboard, other than I don't like running SLI out of a northbridge + southbridge configuration. Looks too much like a kludge to me ... :)

It's too bad I can't run nVidia cards in SLI mode on the R3200 ATI motherboard chip ... but the fact that ATI is doing it means that nVidia won't be far behind.

Hope this helps ...

I used to run the A8N32 board before i got the Expert and i think it's a really good board, but Asus limited its overclocking by only allowing the voltage on a dual core CPU to reach 1.485 volts.This was a let down, that's why i got the Expert.But the A8N32 is a very good motherboard and is very stable

I've been running my box for a week now, stable as a rock ! What I did was that I first reverted back to 11/02 BIOS, replaced my PSU and reinstalled all Nforce drivers(removed the old using driver cleaner). Installed latest stable drivers 6.69/81.98 and skipped the betas.

I also see that slizone.com updated their approved PSU list, removing my old Silverstone Strider 600W :-D

Here is a better description of the problem -> http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=30053

Interesting... I caught a lot of s#%*! from people on the Anandtech forums (which I don't use anymore after I found the goods here... :D ) for having a 1KW PSU... and now Nvidia comes with Quad SLi... At any rate, I updated to the new Nvidia Graphic drivers 84.12 (if I'm not mistaken) and the loss of video signal problem persists... Not only that but my 3dMark scores dropped by 1k... Guess I'm going back to 81.98...

L.C.Rava, the FX-60 you've got needs 20AMP, Each GTX 512 you have needs up to 20A at peak performance. Even with a 1KW power supply, it can only deliver 16A for two rails and 36A for the third. So, you have the best of everything, but PSU's are not ready for it.

There's no PSU currently on the market that can deliver such drainage full stop.

Who's to blame?

guys in all seriousness.. do u really believe everything you read on the internet?

unless i see some actual facts, numbers etc i wouldnt believe anything..

the inquirer is known for exadurating everything.. they even state that their claims might not be accurate "but pretty close".. common...

Guys - I read this thread before I upgraded from the DFI nF4 ltra-D (modded sli) to this, and was praying to whoever that I wouldn't be having this problem. But apparently I didn't pray hard enough, becuase its doing it to me. BF2 locks and the sounds either loops or its kinda static and keep going somewhat. I tried the 11/02 BIOS, same issue. This is crap! Angry, please look into this. I live in Nampa, if you want to meet up and check out the issue yourself.

That's true as well. The power requirement issue is only related to running FX-60 and dual 512MB cards. I for one, just like jEnuS, run slower cards, but the rigs still crash. This , I'm afraid, is related to something else, not power.

Since I moved to a single 256MB GTX, I haven't had any crashes. Seeing jEnuS reply, I don't see myself buying a second card for a while.

Besides this problem with SLi, everything else is 100%... I am not having any kind of power related problems or with the PSU at all.... I ran several different stability tests (Prime 95 18+ hours, Super Pi 9+ hours , Memtest 12+ hours) and I am passing with flying colors... The only thing going on is the SLi situation and from what I am reading, that is not PSU related... The way I see, everything is evolving, including the new and more powerful PSU... You can't really tell me there is no difference between a 500W and a 1KW PSU, because of the maximum output per rail... It's working fine, for more than a month, with me using it several hours a day... ;)